Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ;alvis [Creatures & Rooms]

There have been some recently some upticks in the people contributing to the ;alvis database again. Thanks for the work.

I inadvertently borked most of my Gemstone related apps in a migration/upgrade today, so there is a current outage I am working to rectify, so those who use Bestiary, Vathor or any of the other services are currently affected by this.
    Last edited by m444w; 07-26-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Alright, I got most of this stuff fixed with a few updates after a few nights of late night hacking.

Please download the new version of ;alvis off the repository if you want to contribute.

You can now signup completely through ;alvis in game, on your first run.

you also need to ;trust alvis so it can install the Olib gem.

If you've previously signed up, you'll need to resign up again (sorry about that), and should it complain about you have an invalid token because please do `;vars delete alvis` to reset alvis' internals.

I'm on the GemstoneIV slack if you have any questions, or need help with the setup.

Source code: https://github.com/ondreian/alvis/

I hope to add a scrolling ticker of contributions by account at some point in the future, but no promises for now.

I'll also be adding some API endpoints for your scripting pleasure once a few more blanks have been filled in.
    Last edited by m444w; 08-04-2016 at 11:56 AM.

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

The public alvis api has been deployed. It lives at : https://api.alvis.symboli.se

For now there are only 2 routes of importance

/rooms/:id
    /creatures/:name
    where names with whitespace have their whitespace converted to `+` (no backticks)

Here is an example : https://api.alvis.symboli.se/creatures/stone+gargoyle

Big thanks to Hazado, Greys, and Rozy for all the help tagging and bagging to date, there is still a lot of work to be done if you want to get involved checkout this post and signup for the Gemstone IV slack if you need help http://gemstone-iv-slackin.herokuapp.com/

knifty

Blog Entries

Do you still need help with this?
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

yeah. there is still a fair amount of creatures that need tagging.

My next step was to add a prioritized list that people could check to target some of the creatures that haven't been tagged yet.

knifty

Blog Entries

Let me know. I run around a lot
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Couple updates pushed out tonigh that contributors might want to be aware of:

Firstly ;alvis now uses the script settings that are shared across characters instead of Vars, so you can get rid of that annoyingly large cache in the `;vars`

Secondly, if you are up to it there are some new methods you can use in your scripts (as long as you have loaded ;alvis during this session):

Alvis.API.creature(<Name>).fetch
    will fetch all of the information Alvis has available for a given creature
    Alvis.API.creature(<Name>).in(<Location>)
    will fetch all of the rooms in the given location a creature has been tagged

If you update you will need to relogin in.

Happy scripting!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by m444w; 10-21-2016 at 12:27 AM. Reason: AWFUL PICTURE

knifty

I'm not good with coding and not really sure how to implement this...but I'd be happy to help and use it if you'd toss in a "how-to".

I've downloaded alvis.rb from the repo but am not sure how to get it running...

Sure, let's take a stab at creating a quickstart guide. It's just a lich script.

I have assembled some directions you can follow here: https://gist.github.com/ondreian/5c52c151960d07d4a43e498458bea642

*there is an on going attack against a lot of "core" infrastructure websites like Github at the DNS level, so you may not be able to reach that gist currently.
    Last edited by m444w; 10-21-2016 at 12:18 PM.

knifty