Thread: enchanting fusion

Default enchanting fusion

I have a lvl 70 wizard and I just don't play him much. I want to set him up as just an enchanter build. Is a lvl 70 viable for a fusion enchanter and if so how should I train him for best chance at enchanting?

Quote Originally Posted by Slamy View Post
    I have a lvl 70 wizard and I just don't play him much. I want to set him up as just an enchanter build. Is a lvl 70 viable for a fusion enchanter and if so how should I train him for best chance at enchanting?
    Depending on your relevant stat bonuses (LOG, INT, AUR) you should be able to handle a 5x to 6x empty socketed fusion project with the following setup. A 6x to 7x fusion project should also be possible but no guarantees.

Wizard Base: 125 ranks
    MjE: 40 ranks
    MnE: 40 ranks
    MIU: 144 ranks
    AS: 144 ranks
    EMC: 144 ranks

Obviously you'll need some HP ranks for mana. Any additional TPs should be spent on wizard ranks.

You'll also need to consider your pre-temper potion pour success rate. At 144 MIU ranks (244 skill) you'll likely have less than 100% success.

For a 6x to 7x item the combined pre-temper potion/item enchant penalty is -230. For a guaranteed pour activation success the 'modifiers' total needs to be 100. A 'modifiers' value less than 100 represents the success rate.

Modifiers formula for 6x to 7x pre-temper pour:

MIU skill + LOG bonus + INT bonus + trunc(AUR bonus + WIS bonus)/2 - 230

Assuming all the relevant stat bonuses are 25 you'll have a 'modifiers' value of (244 + 25 + 25 + 25 - 230) = 89 (89% success rate)

Note: Pour activation results are not accurate indicators of enchant success since they use a different set of factors.

Mark