Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: script checker thingie

Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    Code:
    You remove a salamander skin from in your dark leather longcloak.Unrecognized game line.
    You drop a salamander skin.
    Unrecognized game line.
    You remove a salamander skin from in your dark leather longcloak.
    Unrecognized game line.
    You drop a salamander skin.
    Unrecognized game line.
    Your mind is completely saturated.  It is imperative that you rest immediately!
    Unrecognized game line.
    Syntarsus put a flimsy orase runestaff in his runestaff harness.
    Unrecognized game line.
    Puts most stuff (regular happenings) in the familiar window, each followed by the "Unrecognized game line."
    Yes that's what the script does. After it sees the same line 5 times it will no longer send those lines to the familiar window.

You can add "You remove a" to the always ignore variable and it won't send any line that starts with "You remove a" to the familiar window. Same with "You drop a".

Eventually the script is bound to see every normal game line 5 times. Except of course people talking and what not, not much you can do about that except add that sort of stuff to the ignore list. Likewise you can set the the number lower, to 3 for example, instead of the script needing to wait 5 times before it ignores the line.

I'm not aware of a way to weed out legitimate game lines from GM script checks so the best thing to do is to just set the script to ignore lines after it's been seen so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    I'm also getting unrecognized line without actually having an unrecognized line showing every now and then as well.

Code:
    The fog borders on impentrable and only the closest reeds are visible.  The twisting path narrows as it winds to the northwest, disappearing into the fog.  Every footstep creates a sucking sound as the mud protests passage, while previous foot and paw prints are filled with water reflecting the available light.  Overhead, the dark limb of a tree extends over the path, connected to a dead tree hidden somewhere in the surrounding fog.  You also see a rotting chimera.
    Unrecognized game line.
    The thick fog reduces visiblity to the surrounding reeds, great brown and tan stalks that rise high over head and frame the twisting soggy pathway.  Muted screams from unknown inhabitants filter through the thick, white wall of mist that hides their origin and location.  Occasionally, something splashes through the water and mud just beyond the wall of reeds, drawing close, then fading away.  You also see a necrotic snake and a rotting chimera.
    Unrecognized game line.
    Unrecognized game line.
    Unrecognized game line.
    Unrecognized game line.
    Most likely you have strings that are being squelched in the front end but lich still sees them and is sending the Unrecognized game line warning to the familiar window without the actual game line though because it's squelched by the front end.

Try disabling squelches to see if you still get the warnings without any game line.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-14-2014 at 01:52 PM.

I was just about to post that, I'm pretty sure that came from squelched lines in my EEEEEEEEVIL BOT HEALING SCRIPT!

On the advice from someone who wishes to remain anonymous I have changed the script so anytime it sees two or more capital letters in a row it will always send that line to the familiar window as well. This is so a script check that is in ALL CAPS will always be sent to the familiar window with a warning.

So "ARE YOU THERE" will be sent to the familiar window, but so will "ARe you there."

Of course this will pick up legit instances of capped words but I'm not aware of this happening too much in game on a normal basis. Regardless if you don't like this feature you can always remove that part from the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    On the advice from someone who wishes to remain anonymous I have changed the script so anytime it sees two or more capital letters in a row it will always send that line to the familiar window as well. This is so a script check that is in ALL CAPS will always be sent to the familiar window with a warning.

So "ARE YOU THERE" will be sent to the familiar window, but so will "ARe you there."

Of course this will pick up legit instances of capped words but I'm not aware of this happening too much in game on a normal basis. Regardless if you don't like this feature you can always remove that part from the script.
    Was it the shart repper?

Incoming script checks of ArE yOu ThErE?

Okay, thanks for the explanation. Also, nice thought on the CAPS thing. Of course, I'm sure they've just read about it too so like said posted above...

"Are you three?" "We noted that as a misspelling."
    Last edited by Soulance; 10-14-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Was it the shart repper?
    Perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Incoming script checks of ArE yOu ThErE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    Okay, thanks for the explanation. Also, nice thought on the CAPS thing. Of course, I'm sure they've just read about it too so like said posted above...

"Are you three?" "We noted that as a misspelling."
    True, I'm sure the GMs are going to try and work around this type of thing.

But then again if they are really concerned about catching afk scripters and not just scripters then they shouldn't be so sneaky in the first place

Perhaps...

True, I'm sure the GMs are going to try and work around this type of thing.

But then again if they are really concerned about catching afk scripters and not just scripters then they shouldn't be so sneaky in the first place
    By the same token, if people aren't inattentively scripting, they don't need this script.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    By the same token, if people aren't inattentively scripting, they don't need this script.
    True, but the other side of the coin is YOUR FACE!

True, but the other side of the coin is YOUR FACE!
    I'm on no currency that I'm aware of.