Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM reminds me of her surveillance power and forbids expression of opinion on policy.

Default GM reminds me of her surveillance power and forbids expression of opinion on policy.

I just had an interaction with Twigxt that was interesting. I've cleaned the following log to remove noise and remove specific names. Everything relevant to the interaction is in tact:

Twigxt points her glowing will-o'-wisp at you, selecting you.

You remove a single iron manacle with obsidian-set links from in your veniom threaded backpack.

You offer your iron manacle to Twigxt, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
    >Twigxt has accepted your offer and is now holding a single iron manacle with obsidian-set links.

You quietly whisper to Twigxt, "I would like - a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds."

>Twigxt whispers, "You have to supply the golvern."

You remove an indigo golvern main gauche from in your veniom threaded backpack.

>Twigxt whispers, "Too rare!"

You offer your golvern main gauche to Twigxt, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

>Twigxt has accepted your offer and is now holding an indigo golvern main gauche.

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "I dont like that rule. There's no mechanical advantage being provided."

>PERSON1 whispers, "Which rule? the alter fodder?"

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "Yeah, I mean you can find the shit in pawnshops."

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "Has to be "miter" as "mitre" is the UK spelling of it... also, what's a stormcloud diamond?"

You take a black damask mitre stitched with a grey six-tentacled star off your head.

You remove a tall black vruul skin mitre banded in golden brocade from in your wrotwood box.

You glance at the black damask mitre in your hand.

You ponder.

You put a tall black vruul skin mitre banded in golden brocade in your wrotwood box.

You put a black damask mitre stitched with a grey six-tentacled star on your head.

You remove a rune-etched stormcloud diamond from in your drawstring gem pouch.

>You offer your stormcloud diamond to Twigxt, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

>;chat >(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "Has to be "miter" as "mitre" is the UK spelling of it... also, what's a stormcloud diamond?"
    ;chat what is this bullshit
    >;chat I've literally had 3 mitre items made in the past two weeks

You say, "Oh."

You say, "This too."

You remove a yellow gold tiger from in your wrotwood box.

You remove a mitre-shaped black iron pattern from in your gold tiger.

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "You seeing this shit? They fucking with my mitre game, son."

You carefully place the pattern into your gold tiger.

You put a yellow gold tiger in your wrotwood box.

>Twigxt whispers, "The diamond doesn't bother me, it's found on FWI. I'm trying to see if there is consistency!"

You quietly whisper to Twigxt, "I have two mitres and a mitre-pattern that I've had made in the last two weeks. That seems pretty consistent, right?"

>PERSON1 whispers, "What."

(((OF NOTE this person asked a question on LNet and I mistakenly whipsered to them in-game))) You quietly whisper to PERSON2, "It's under discussion right now."

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "FB."

PERSON2 whispers, "Good luck i think you have a good case for it, because simu surely doesn't want your whole wardrobe to be mismatched on a word that should look the same."

>Twigxt whispers, "You would think so, but there is much, MUCH that adventurers don't know about merchanting... Thanks for being understanding. I'm going to go ahead and allow this. I appreciate your patience."

Sweeping your arm outward, you bow low in a grand fashion before Twigxt.

PERSON2 whispers, "If it doesn't end up all matchin, i would bug report the mismatched item afterwards."

You quietly whisper to PERSON2, "I'm getting it the right way, but with a little sass which is fine."

PERSON2 nods.

>Twigxt taps a long, branch-like finger against a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds.

Speaking to Twigxt, you say, "Perfect."

>Twigxt whispers, "Before I give these back to you, I want to have a little chat."

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "First, I wouldn't recommend whispering in front of merchants, AKA GMs."

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "Me ensuring that consistent quality goes out into the game versus anyone "getting their way" is not sass. You made your point, I checked it, I approved."

You nod curtly.

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "While it doesn't bother me personally that you talk poorly about my rules (the golvern in particular), you need to be careful. Other GMs have taken that kind of stuff personally in the past. It's impolite. There are reasons behind why we do what we do that you couldn't even fathom, and it isn't to make you have a bad experience. Are we clear?"

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "If you need to talk bad about us, do so in a chat channel or on Discord or somewhere else."
    >Twigxt offers you a scarred indigo golvern main gauche. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Twigxt, "Look, I get what you're saying and I'm going to express my opinions to people, especially my friends and not filter myself. I appreciate you approving the -re version, but as far as opinion on policy, I'm not going to withhold that."

You accept Twigxt's offer and are now holding a scarred indigo golvern main gauche.

>Twigxt offers you a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You put a scarred indigo golvern main gauche in your vruul skin cloak.

You accept Twigxt's offer and are now holding a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds.

Speaking to Twigxt, you say, "Thank you."

You attach a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds to your wrist.

Fin.

I'm pretty disappointed I wasn't more eloquent in my reply, but I was pretty shocked to be forbidden from discussing opinions on policy through whispers. The condescending idea that I, a mere player and not a mighty and brilliant GM, couldn't possibly understand the many intricacies of merchanting is pretty hilarious too.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    I just had an interaction with Twigxt that was interesting. I've cleaned the following log to remove noise and remove specific names. Everything relevant to the interaction is in tact:

Twigxt points her glowing will-o'-wisp at you, selecting you.

You remove a single iron manacle with obsidian-set links from in your veniom threaded backpack.

You offer your iron manacle to Twigxt, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
    >Twigxt has accepted your offer and is now holding a single iron manacle with obsidian-set links.

You quietly whisper to Twigxt, "I would like - a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds."

>Twigxt whispers, "You have to supply the golvern."

You remove an indigo golvern main gauche from in your veniom threaded backpack.

>Twigxt whispers, "Too rare!"

You offer your golvern main gauche to Twigxt, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

>Twigxt has accepted your offer and is now holding an indigo golvern main gauche.

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "I dont like that rule. There's no mechanical advantage being provided."

>PERSON1 whispers, "Which rule? the alter fodder?"

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "Yeah, I mean you can find the shit in pawnshops."

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "Has to be "miter" as "mitre" is the UK spelling of it... also, what's a stormcloud diamond?"

You take a black damask mitre stitched with a grey six-tentacled star off your head.

You remove a tall black vruul skin mitre banded in golden brocade from in your wrotwood box.

You glance at the black damask mitre in your hand.

You ponder.

You put a tall black vruul skin mitre banded in golden brocade in your wrotwood box.

You put a black damask mitre stitched with a grey six-tentacled star on your head.

You remove a rune-etched stormcloud diamond from in your drawstring gem pouch.

>You offer your stormcloud diamond to Twigxt, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

>;chat >(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "Has to be "miter" as "mitre" is the UK spelling of it... also, what's a stormcloud diamond?"
    ;chat what is this bullshit
    >;chat I've literally had 3 mitre items made in the past two weeks

You say, "Oh."

You say, "This too."

You remove a yellow gold tiger from in your wrotwood box.

You remove a mitre-shaped black iron pattern from in your gold tiger.

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "You seeing this shit? They fucking with my mitre game, son."

You carefully place the pattern into your gold tiger.

You put a yellow gold tiger in your wrotwood box.

>Twigxt whispers, "The diamond doesn't bother me, it's found on FWI. I'm trying to see if there is consistency!"

You quietly whisper to Twigxt, "I have two mitres and a mitre-pattern that I've had made in the last two weeks. That seems pretty consistent, right?"

>PERSON1 whispers, "What."

(((OF NOTE this person asked a question on LNet and I mistakenly whipsered to them in-game))) You quietly whisper to PERSON2, "It's under discussion right now."

You quietly whisper to PERSON1, "FB."

PERSON2 whispers, "Good luck i think you have a good case for it, because simu surely doesn't want your whole wardrobe to be mismatched on a word that should look the same."

>Twigxt whispers, "You would think so, but there is much, MUCH that adventurers don't know about merchanting... Thanks for being understanding. I'm going to go ahead and allow this. I appreciate your patience."

Sweeping your arm outward, you bow low in a grand fashion before Twigxt.

PERSON2 whispers, "If it doesn't end up all matchin, i would bug report the mismatched item afterwards."

You quietly whisper to PERSON2, "I'm getting it the right way, but with a little sass which is fine."

PERSON2 nods.

>Twigxt taps a long, branch-like finger against a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds.

Speaking to Twigxt, you say, "Perfect."

>Twigxt whispers, "Before I give these back to you, I want to have a little chat."

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "First, I wouldn't recommend whispering in front of merchants, AKA GMs."

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "Me ensuring that consistent quality goes out into the game versus anyone "getting their way" is not sass. You made your point, I checked it, I approved."

You nod curtly.

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "While it doesn't bother me personally that you talk poorly about my rules (the golvern in particular), you need to be careful. Other GMs have taken that kind of stuff personally in the past. It's impolite. There are reasons behind why we do what we do that you couldn't even fathom, and it isn't to make you have a bad experience. Are we clear?"

>(OOC) Twigxt's player whispers, "If you need to talk bad about us, do so in a chat channel or on Discord or somewhere else."
    >Twigxt offers you a scarred indigo golvern main gauche. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Twigxt, "Look, I get what you're saying and I'm going to express my opinions to people, especially my friends and not filter myself. I appreciate you approving the -re version, but as far as opinion on policy, I'm not going to withhold that."

You accept Twigxt's offer and are now holding a scarred indigo golvern main gauche.

>Twigxt offers you a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You put a scarred indigo golvern main gauche in your vruul skin cloak.

You accept Twigxt's offer and are now holding a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds.

Speaking to Twigxt, you say, "Thank you."

You attach a tentacle-etched golvern cuff set with mitre-shaped stormcloud diamonds to your wrist.

Fin.

I'm pretty disappointed I wasn't more eloquent in my reply, but I was pretty shocked to be forbidden from discussing opinions on policy through whispers. The condescending idea that I, a mere player and not a mighty and brilliant GM, couldn't possibly understand the many intricacies of merchanting is pretty hilarious too.

It appears that you're shopping around for mitre items, as such, you have now been given 100 warnings, labeled as a HMC and are banned from the game. Good day to you sir, good day.
    Last edited by SashaFierce; 07-18-2017 at 06:49 PM.

There are reasons you couldn't even fathom, mortal. Your puny brain couldn't even handle it. I know because that GM said so.

Hi, I'm Steve.
    Last edited by Steve; 07-18-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Blog Entries

She didn't forbid you, she warned you that what you were doing was impolite. Considering she did your request, despite a potential policy conflict AND you talking bad about her... you should consider yourself lucky.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    She didn't forbid you, she warned you that what you were doing was impolite. Considering she did your request, despite a potential policy conflict AND you talking bad about her... you should consider yourself lucky.
    Very much so have to agree with this.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Blog Entries

I'm gonna talk shit about the cashier to the next person in line at the grocery store. I'm a customer, she's/he's gotta be cool about it right?
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

I think it's kind of shitty they can see your whispers. I never knew for sure, but I've always suspected they might be able to, which is why I've always tried not to whisper in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'd say talking down to him the way she did is equally, if not more impolite, considering his conversation was in a whisper, and what she said was literally that he was not smart enough to understand why they do things.

Please advise where exactly I talked shit about the merchant.

EDIT - I suppose you can consider using the word 'sass' talking shit? Of note, that was after the first implication that there's no possible way I could fathom the intricate and mysterious world of GSIV merchanting.
    Last edited by peam; 07-18-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Only in Elanthia can a Customer Service Rep insult and try to scold you for something said in private and have anyone imagine that they're in the right.