Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any recommendations on site for new PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Neither are necessary. What kind of games are you looking to play with this and are you looking to game above 1080p?
    I can't think of a lot of titles readily, but I have a bunch of games in my Steam/GOG library that I bought on sale meaning to play later when I could run it at a decent resolution or with better than minimum settings. Offhand, I'd say the Witcher/Stalker series..es... serii.. whatever. Shooters and just more recent stuff that I can play at 1080p.

Right now I've got an i5-3450 with a GeForce GT 520, for reference.

2. Default

Okay, and what is your ideal price range?

I'd like to be in the 1000-1500 range or so.. I think I can get a pretty boss PC in that range.

Building your own is fun but not noticeably cost efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    For shits and giggles I ran pcpartpicker's $1200 dollar gaming suggestions through ibuypower's website and got the price of $1568 shipped.

However, Ibuypower comes with a warranty, is preassembled, and most importantly comes with windows 8. pcpartpicker's price does not include an OEM windows purchase, which is roughly 100 dollars. $268 dollars difference in price for building versus buying your own. Not insubstantial savings, but not a crazy high amount for having the work done for you and some manner of warranty.
    Yeah, building your own computer doesn't really save a whole lot of money these days compared to the olden days.

6. Default

I would recommend this. $1200 and it has a haswell cpu and gtx 980. Not only will it be boss it will be good for games coming out in the future, especially witcher 3. Haswell's are great for overclocking, if you ever do go down that route. The gtx 900 series has dx12 support, which a lot of high end/pretty games will be using starting next year, including W3 IIRC. The only thing not on that list is a soundcard. Motherboard audio is really good these days but for you I would recommend a good quality sound card with a built in headphone amp.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 10-10-2014 at 08:34 PM.

7. Default

$268 saved is $268 you can spend on a higher quality CPU or GPU or cocaine and hookers.

Falcon-nw if you want to go the boutique route. Otherwise newegg
    Last edited by Alashir; 10-10-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Also, newegg has several vids on front page about building comps that are excellent and answer most questions. Watch them.