Coming back after a long hiatus, and having some difficulty. I did some searching to see if anyone has come across this issue before, came up with nothing. I'm running a laptop with Windows 8, successfully installed the most recent versions of Simu's Game Launcher, and logged in without Lich to ensure the most current version of Stormfront is installed.

Then I installed Ruby, and downloaded then extracted the Lich 4.4.19 folder. I am able to log in to my account successfully, and I can open the game using Stormfront. Once it loads, and displays my location, I get only as far as the following:

This is apparently the first time you've run updater.lic

These scripts have been added to your update list: updater, repository, lnet, infomon, spell-list.xml, go2, narost, gameobj-data.xml
Lich has been set to update automatically.
map.dat has been set to update automatically.

If you'd like to change these settings, kill this script (;k updater) and use ;updater help
Otherwise, unpause this script to continue. (;u updater)

--- Lich: updater paused.
>;u updater
>look

At this point I cannot interact with Lich, OR the game. I may get one or two lines after that...a death message, a Voln message, etc, but that's it. No commands will work with either Lich or Gemstone and I receive nothing further from either.

I believe I've ran into this problem before, but can't remember what I did to fix it. It's been a long time. Any suggestions?