Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Attila

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    This is why I'm really confused. There are no enemy or otherwise characters in the area, I moved all three of my 10-star spies there to scope things out, not seen a single anything. I also have priests of my own in these regions. The "ice age penalties" manifest in the form of reduced fertility, and that is calculated separately.

I'm not sure if it is set up for the Huns to always attack whichever faction the player is playing, but even in the frigid north they showed up almost immediately after the announcement of Attila's coming to power. Like within 4 turns. Its a pretty broad area to cover, I can't imagine them being able to hit the Sassanids and then moving all the way west that quickly.

The wasteland scenario is pretty much where I'm at now with my Jute campaign...there are a few regions in the Iberian peninsula still intact, but everything east of that is devastation with one or two towns scattered around.
    When Attila comes to power, the Huns get constantly spawning stacks so they are all over the map. You have to kill Attila like 3 times to really kill him. then the stacks stop spawning and you can go hunt them down. It is this games version of realm divide/civil war.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Stop that right now.
    That is what I call them bitches!

Blog Entries

I'm hoping the ice age famine will be reduced in a patch or through workshop support. The way it is right now is really br00t4l. At the end everything is infertile except for a handful of south provinces.
    Last edited by Taernath; 04-05-2015 at 12:46 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping the ice age famine will be reduced in a patch or through workshop support. The way it is right now is really br00t4l. At the end everything is infertile except for a handful of south provinces.
    There are mods that totally wipe out its effects.

Blog Entries

Here is one that takes out fertility changes from climate change.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...limate-removed

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is the cold penalties providing causing less food production and therefore lowering your happiness. With the Jutes you either want to take over the entire province you start in or leave it and go south. After you take it, then conquer a few provinces to the south and you should be alright. If you were just trying to be viking raiders and stay in your one region, well, that is fun and all, but you just can't keep it up.

Sassies are the easiest campaign, yeah. My second campaign was WRE, and it was so fun. Then I moved to the Sassies, and it was just so easy. I facerolled to victory with them.
    I'm speaking specifically of the negative next to the word "characters" when I look at the province statistics.

I took over the entire "viking" region as my first move, took over the entire British Isles as my next move, and have now taken over most of modern-day Europe and moving into the Iberian peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath
    As far as the religious influence, maybe your neighbors just have a higher-tier religion building next to your territory, causing their stuff to leak over?
    It is happening in my home provinces that have no neighbors other than my other provinces. I have rank 4 religious buildings in all of them, and priests deployed converting.

Blog Entries

Playing as Picts, this is just fucking straight cheap. All you need is one full stack and make sure you are always attacking and no one can do jack to you, since you always have the option to night attack. I hit one Roman town in Gaul, it had 3 legions, two full and one was half, I just killed all three of them separately via night attacks and then to the town.

Blog Entries

So, decided to do a Hun campaign. I'm running around razing everything in the Steppes, when I notice one of the borders changes from black to red. The AI colonized a desolate land. Never saw that before. Of course, I then attacked it immediately and razed it again, making it easy since the army was at half strength from colonization. Heh, it was their king too.

Blog Entries

As the WRE, if you can survive long enough the invading barbarian tribes will eventually start offering peace treaties. If you accept, they pack up their cities and come crash on your couch and start raiding your lands, so as soon as they move in I surround them with my legions and wipe them out. Everyone hates me anyway, so why not?

I think I've killed all the Celtic, Norse, Migrators, and 4/5 of the Barbarian Kingdoms this way. The Burgundians, the gem guys, haven't really bothered me that much.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

As the WRE, if you can survive long enough the invading barbarian tribes will eventually start offering peace treaties. If you accept, they pack up their cities and come crash on your couch and start raiding your lands, so as soon as they move in I surround them with my legions and wipe them out. Everyone hates me anyway, so why not?

I think I've killed all the Celtic, Norse, Migrators, and 4/5 of the Barbarian Kingdoms this way. The Burgundians, the gem guys, haven't really bothered me that much.
    I had a campaign where I wrecked all these dudes in the West, and then Attila became king of the Huns... And then Attila died.. And then the Huns all died. Oh yeah, I never saw the Huns.