Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: I'm afraid of hairdressers

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Why don't you ask the inhabitants of Alderaan how they feel about lasers, you insensitive nerf herder!
    I'm happy to say it right to their faces.

If they still had any.

Last edited by Latrinsorm; 09-05-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

I'm afraid of Americans.

Last edited by Warriorbird; 09-06-2014 at 12:01 AM.

3. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    I'm happy to say it right to their faces.

If they still had any.

Swoosh! Right through the rings at Chichen Itza.

I'm not sure what the world is coming to when I mention Gwene's boobs and the thread derails to pages of discussion on eyebrow tweezing and french braids. You guys are sick.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gweneivia View Post
    I agree with this, though I have long hair so no matter what it generally looks the same-ish. Mostly my issue is with just speaking up. If someone brings me the wrong/bad food at a restaurant, I would tell them right away with no qualms at all, so I have no idea why I am so meek when it comes to hairdressers. Sharp objects near my eyes and neck, maybe.
    I find this amusing because my sister is a hairdresser. I think it is different than in a restaurant because normally you have a different relationship with your hairdresser than you do someone who is serving you in a restaurant. My sister has clients she has been doing for years and you build a semi friendship with these people (not all but a lot of them). People tell her their problems, she will give them advice or encouragement if they need it. So it's like telling your friend you don't like something.

When it comes down to it, you pay for a service and if you are not happy with the service then you should tell them honestly you aren't happy with it. A lot of times you pay A LOT for a color and cut. $100-$150 or more for the service so you should be happy with what you walk out the door with. I think the only time you may have to deal with what you get is if the hairdresser expresses in the beginning that they can't do what you want but they can do ______________ because of the condition of your hair or the current color and what you are asking for is impossible without damage to your hair.

I hear the other side of complaining from her all the time. People walk in with horrid hair and expect her to perform some miracle. She's actually told a customer once, I can't do what you want me to do. You need plastic surgery. I can't make you look 30 years younger than you are. Sometimes people's expectations are way over the top. They think getting a cut and color is going to remove the saggy turkey neck they have or make them lose 30lbs. In your case I think you should call her and tell her now that the color has set (given it takes a few day) I realize this is not what I wanted. Be honest, tell them it isn't the right color. It might be time to look for a new hairdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwitch View Post
    I find this amusing because my sister is a hairdresser. I think it is different than in a restaurant because normally you have a different relationship with your hairdresser than you do someone who is serving you in a restaurant. My sister has clients she has been doing for years and you build a semi friendship with these people (not all but a lot of them). People tell her their problems, she will give them advice or encouragement if they need it. So it's like telling your friend you don't like something.

When it comes down to it, you pay for a service and if you are not happy with the service then you should tell them honestly you aren't happy with it. A lot of times you pay A LOT for a color and cut. $100-$150 or more for the service so you should be happy with what you walk out the door with. I think the only time you may have to deal with what you get is if the hairdresser expresses in the beginning that they can't do what you want but they can do ______________ because of the condition of your hair or the current color and what you are asking for is impossible without damage to your hair.

I hear the other side of complaining from her all the time. People walk in with horrid hair and expect her to perform some miracle. She's actually told a customer once, I can't do what you want me to do. You need plastic surgery. I can't make you look 30 years younger than you are. Sometimes people's expectations are way over the top. They think getting a cut and color is going to remove the saggy turkey neck they have or make them lose 30lbs. In your case I think you should call her and tell her now that the color has set (given it takes a few day) I realize this is not what I wanted. Be honest, tell them it isn't the right color. It might be time to look for a new hairdresser?
    Are you telling me that hairdressers can't turn my balding round head into George Clooney?