Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any frontend (besides SF) have squelch strings?

Default Any frontend (besides SF) have squelch strings?

I love using storm front but the memory leaks drive me crazy sometimes but to my knowledge it's the only front end with squelch strings.

Unless I'm wrong there. Does Wizard have squelch strings?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I love using storm front but the memory leaks drive me crazy sometimes but to my knowledge it's the only front end with squelch strings.

Unless I'm wrong there. Does Wizard have squelch strings?
    Yes, I squelched quite a bit with the Wizard FE - your disk follows you dutifully, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    Yes, I squelched quite a bit with the Wizard FE - your disk follows you dutifully, etc.
    Hmm, I'll have to check out Wizard FR again, I could have sworn it didn't allow for squelches.

config -> text strings. there is a tab for squelches.

Well look at that, there are squelch strings

Although it seems to have a limit in Wizard but the limit seems high enough that I shouldn't go over it...hopefully.

I can't believe how much less memory Wizard takes than SF, like a tenth less and after the memory leaks start kicking in on SF it could end up being one hundredth less.

The important questions now are is there a way to get rid of the prompt in game? The > symbol that appears after every time you move or perform an action?

Is there a way to share settings (macros, squelch strings, highlights, etc) between different characters on different accounts like you can in SF?

Also do any lich scripts work differently in WizardFE than Stormfront?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-30-2014 at 02:17 PM.

I havent experimented with that much but if you just save everything to the default character settings then it would be shared across all of them.

edit: one thing to keep in mind that if you have multiple windows open you have to create and save the new settings on the last one you close out. Its easiest to do it with only one window open and then close it before logging everyone back in. If you log out the one you saved the settings on and then log another one out the settings wont save. If that makes sense...
    Last edited by Anebriated; 07-30-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    I havent experimented with that much but if you just save everything to the default character settings then it would be shared across all of them.

edit: one thing to keep in mind that if you have multiple windows open you have to create and save the new settings on the last one you close out. Its easiest to do it with only one window open and then close it before logging everyone back in. If you log out the one you saved the settings on and then log another one out the settings wont save. If that makes sense...
    Ahh, thank ya very much.

Maybe I'll spend a couple of hours and get around to setting up all of my characters on Wizard tonight. My computer's memory would certainly appreciate it.

Any idea if lich scripts run differently on SF or Wizard?

Blog Entries

I know someone wrote a squelching script that you could use.

Found it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    squelch -- Perfect if you want to ignore someone. Various options to only squelch someone's verbs towards you, all of their verbs, their speech etc. This won't squelch the entire room when the ignored person and their disk are in the room.
    Hey wait a second....

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I know someone wrote a squelching script that you could use.

Found it:

Hey wait a second....
    That bastard stole my idea!

There are a few minor differences but nothing that would interfere with anything you have written so far. mostly because they have stopped updating the wizFE certain things will pop up on screen that should be clickable but aren't so you just have to figure it out as you go.