Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendly reminder for people who hunt hidden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Friendly reminder for people who hunt hidden

People don't know you're in the room if they have no way of seeing you.

In ye olden days of yore, the only option was to use a disk. This still seems to be the most popular way to let everyone know you're hidden in a room.

But nowadays we have advanced our knowledge of remaining hidden...but just not TOO hidden. By doing "set ObviousHiding on", you can remain hidden from critters, but other people will be able to see that SOMEONE (not your name, just "someone") is hiding in the room.

If you don't use either of these two options, then people have no way of knowing if you're in a room and will think the critters in the room are theirs for the killing.

Now you don't have to use these options; maybe you can't get a disk and you don't like using the OOC flag, and that's perfectly fine! Play the way you want to play!

But you really shouldn't get upset with other people for not knowing you're in the room when they have literally no way of knowing you're in the room.

Thank you.

This PSA has been brought to you by the "Dreavens for Free Knowledge" committee.

Wehnimer's Landing / Cold River (Hinterwilds)

Also, the berserk system looks to see if someone is in a room before charging in and attacking the critters there. If you're hidden without indication (I'm not sure a disk will work, but the hiding flag does), the system doesn't see you, which means it can force a berserking character to instantly attack the critter as they are forced to enter the room from an adjacent location. Just use the flag if you're hunting, make everyone's day better.
    You swing a glowing white sacred warsword at a silver-scaled cold wyrm!
    AS: +690 vs DS: +371 with AvD: +16 + d100 roll: +77 = +412
    ... and hit for 80 points of damage!
    Pained spasms wrack the battered form of the great cold wyrm. The vanquished wyrm gasps futilely for breath, the gelid, caustic spittle bubbling up from her mouth shot through with silver-sheened crimson blood. With a last, terrible convulsion, the wyrm crashes to the ground and lies still.

I would venture to say that by now, most people who don't use a disk or have ObviousHiding turned on and get upset is because they are intentionally looking for an altercation. Call them trouble makers if you will. They want you to kill their mob so they can get angry, get revenge, report, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by onurb View Post
    They want you to kill their mob so they can get angry, get revenge, report, etc.
    That seems to have been the case last night. Someone was hiding in a room with no obvious way to know they were in the room, said "I'm here" after I killed a critter. I immediately stopped my script, ran back to town, added some more logic to the script to check for people hiding (such as ranger vines), waited 30 minutes or so for the person to finish up their hunt. Started my script again and almost immediately the person said "You paying attention now?" when I replied that I am always paying attention they said "You weren't earlier" and left the room before I could reply.

People are cray cray.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That seems to have been the case last night. Someone was hiding in a room with no obvious way to know they were in the room, said "I'm here" after I killed a critter. I immediately stopped my script, ran back to town, added some more logic to the script to check for people hiding (such as ranger vines), waited 30 minutes or so for the person to finish up their hunt. Started my script again and almost immediately the person said "You paying attention now?" when I replied that I am always paying attention they said "You weren't earlier" and left the room before I could reply.

People are cray cray.
    Adjust your script so that every time you run into that guy you tell him to eat a dick.

Dreaven just arrived.

Speaking to you, Dreaven says, "Eat a dick."

Dreaven glances at you.

Speaking to you, Dreaven says, "Dick."

Dreaven just went west.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-08-2022 at 07:35 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Adjust your script so that every time you run into that guy you tell him to eat a dick.

Dreaven just arrived.

Speaking to you, Dreaven says, "Eat a dick. Dick."

Dreaven just went west.
    I've an array called idiots that my script checks against to execute alternate behaviors. No unstuns, no heals, no pulling to their feet. It's amazing with some people you kill their mob on accident and never hear the end of it.
    Last edited by Rjex; 12-08-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    I've an array called idiots that my script checks against to execute alternate behaviors. No unstuns, no heals, no pulling to their feet. It's amazing with some people you kill their mob on accident and never hear the end of it.
    Well yeah, because that totally would have been the mob that dropped the 15x jizz flaring two-handed dildo with herpes procs if the butthurt person searched it instead.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    no pulling to their feet. .
    Unrelated to hiding, I stopped doing this because of disarm recovery. I don't unstun either but I will sometimes stick around and protect until they are out of it and not dead.

9. Default

I am going to roll-up a character named "Karen" just to script check you Dreaven.

Quote Originally Posted by MispronouncedHeroine View Post
    I am going to roll-up a character named "Karen" just to script check you Dreaven.