Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What medicinal cannabis can do for you

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Let me ask you this: suppose I had said "cigarettes cause cancer". Would you call that a lie?
    I would. It's not the cigarettes, it's the chemicals in smoke. I just latrinsormed latrinsorm!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I would. It's not the cigarettes, it's the chemicals in smoke. I just latrinsormed latrinsorm!
    Ah, but I intended for you to do so. The latrinsorm that enters the latrinsorm game is the latrinsormer latrinsorm.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Ah, but I intended for you to do so. The latrinsorm that enters the latrinsorm game is the latrinsormer latrinsorm.

4. Default

Here is a list of ailments I've compiled so far that cannabis can treat or help deal with.

Parkinsons
    Multiple schlerosis
    Cancer
    Crohns
    Anxiety
    Depression
    Insomnia
    Epilepsy/seizures
    Glaucoma
    Nausea
    Vomiting
    Loss of appetite
    Muscle tension/spasms
    Neuropathic pain
    Inflammation
    AIDs
    HIV
    Chemotherapy treament
    Leukemia
    Last edited by Androidpk; 06-20-2014 at 08:01 PM.

5. Default

After unsuccessfully going through chemotherapy for leukemia this girl's parents tried cannabis oil.

Last edited by Androidpk; 06-20-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    After unsuccessfully going through chemotherapy for leukemia this girl's parents tried cannabis oil.

It's a cute video and all and I'm happy the girl is doing better but I can't help but feel the video is very misleading and the parents are using their child as a way to make a political statement about medical marijuana.

From what I have gathered on news sites the girl started feeling sick in May, was diagnosed with cancer in July, 3 days after being diagnosed the mother applied for her daughter to receive medical marijuana, shortly afterward the chemo treatments started, the doctor said she might need a bone marrow transplant, the parents started giving her medical marijuana and by early August her cancer was in remission and the little girl kept receiving chemo treatments.

We're talking less than a month between when her chemo treatments started and when her cancer went into remission. It sounds more like the doctors were just saying it's a possibility she might need a bone marrow transplant and the parents are crediting the marijuana with the cancer going into remission instead of the chemo treatments because she didn't end up needing a bone marrow transplant.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-20-2014 at 08:21 PM.

7. Default

It's possible but it wouldn't be the first time cannabis has been credited with causing cancer to go into remission rather quickly.

It's difficult to do proper studies in the US due to it being classified as a schedule 1 drug. Luckily other countries around the world
    are doing lots of research.

8. Default

Florida Gov. Rick Scott signs medical marijuana bill.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/1...marijuana.html

Looks like this is just a limited bill, in that it only allows for CBD based oils but it's still a big deal as there are an estimated 125,000 children
    in florida that suffer from severe epilepsy and this could be a huge boon for them. A full scale medical marijuana bill is still set to
    be voted on by Floridians this fall. I'm looking at you, PB!

9. Default

Dr. Christina Sanchez is a molecular biologist at Compultense University in Madrid Spain, her research led to the findings that THC does indeed kill cancer cells

10. Default

Let me ask you this: suppose I had said "cigarettes cause cancer". Would you call that a lie?

I don't claim to be an expert, but I'd say there are mountains of evidence to support that conclusion. But we weren't talking about cigarettes and cancer. We were talking about your misrepresentation of the facts with regards to marijuana. It does not, in fact, cause psychosis. This is what your study says. Do us all a favor and stop claiming that your position is based upon empirical evidence. The empirical evidence does not support your claim.

When you say that marijuana causes psychosis, you are saying so based upon your own opinion that you would not like to risk psychotic symptoms because they are correlated with an increased risk of the development of clinical psychosis. You are welcome to that opinion. You are not, however, welcome to produce your own facts to make you feel better about your own opinion.

~Taverkin