Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1598

Thread: What medicinal cannabis can do for you

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Vermont became the 9th state to legalize marijuana today after their governor signed the bill.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Legalization Causes More Minority Arrests

"A 2016 Colorado Health Department study, for example, found that while marijuana-related arrests rates for White teens dropped by 10 percent between 2012 and 2014, arrests for Hispanic and Black teenagers rose by over 20 percent and 50 percent, respectively."
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Last edited by Methais; 02-02-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Legalization Causes More Minority Arrests

"A 2016 Colorado Health Department study, for example, found that while marijuana-related arrests rates for White teens dropped by 10 percent between 2012 and 2014, arrests for Hispanic and Black teenagers rose by over 20 percent and 50 percent, respectively."
    https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/def...endment_64.pdf

This report reveals that marijuana-related charges statewide (not including Denver) decreased by 80% between 2010 and 2014. An overwhelming majority of this decrease in charges came in the aftermath of Amendment 64. Possession charges at all levels (not simply the level now legal or previously considered a petty offense) are the primary reason for the decline. Cultivation charges dropped 78.4% from 2010 to 2014.

In addition, all drug-related charges are down 23% since 2010. This underscores the central role of marijuana prohibition in the drug war, as well as marijuana legalization’s implications for criminal justice reform more generally.This report also finds that racial disparities for marijuana offenses persist at similar levels as before Amendment 64. However, disparities for the charge of intent to distribute actually went down, easing fears of many racial justice advocates.

While the overall decrease in marijuana-related offenses statewide has been enormously beneficial to communities of color, one troubling concern is the rise in disparities for the charge of public consumption,especially in Denver.

The total number of charges filed in court for marijuana possession, distribution, and cultivation in Colorado fell from 10,236 in 2010 to 2036 in 2014, a reduction of 80.1%.
    No, it's not perfect a perfect, but there are thousands of people no longer in court for drug related charges.

According to data from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the marijuana possession arrest rate in 2010 (per 100,000 population) for white people was 335.12 and the arrest rate for black people was 851.45. The arrest rate for black people, according to this data, was 2.4 times higher. Black people account for 3.8% of the population of Colorado, but comprise 9.4% of marijuana possession arrests.

In 2014 the arrest rate for marijuana possession for white people was 115.93, while the arrest rate for black people was 281.10.
    In the end, far less minorities overall are being arrested.
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-02-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

5. Default

It's over Latrin, we have the high ground.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/def...endment_64.pdf

No, it's not perfect a perfect, but there are thousands of people no longer in court for drug related charges.

In the end, far less minorities overall are being arrested.
    If only you put this much effort into researching the health risks of marijuana. Ah well.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

I think we can agree that the war on a substance that is about as, if not less than, harmful as refined sugar (the true gateway drug) is over. They didn't even mention MJ confiscation in this border security round table (confiscation numbers @ 1:15).

Last edited by Neveragain; 02-03-2018 at 04:42 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Methais again.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984