Page 117 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1598

Thread: What medicinal cannabis can do for you

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    A drug that causes 5 in 1000 users to go blind would absolutely not pass the FDA, but it does not follow that we should incarcerate blind people. You have not applied my "logic", you have invented a straw man.Not all crimes are punishable by jail. I hope you can see the humor in your misrepresenting me... in a post specifically dedicated to saying I am not misrepresented. Ha! Ha! That is a good one, I think.Well, I'm not sure what specifically you're asking about but I'm happy to elaborate. Marijuana('s component) acts as an anti-psychotic; specifically, it acts very much like clozapine, but we already have clozapine, so we have no reason to decriminalize marijuana on that basis. Marijuana causes a devastating illness at rates far higher than any currently legal drug except tobacco, so both tobacco and marijuana should be illegal. The current risk of incarceration posed by using marijuana is much lower than the risk of schizophrenia it poses. It is often claimed that drug prohibitions empower organized crime, but the only relevant question for us is whether ending such a prohibition weakens it, and there is scant evidence for that.As I have said many times in the past, there are always holes in any empirical study; no one can ever control for everything. What you have to ask yourself is that if ten studies from around the world from 1969 to present all agree and zero disagree, is it more likely that every one of them had their results tainted by laced drugs, researchers straight lying, or any of the other things we'll never know? Or is it more likely that marijuana actually poses the threat? And if it's the former, just how much evidence would you have to see to agree to the latter? And I use the term "how much" rather than "what" very intentionally.

As for me, I once believed that marijuana was a safe drug: an intoxicant to be sure, but fundamentally no different than alcohol. Then I read an actual scientific study, realized the only thing supporting my easily accepted belief was common knowledge, and I changed my mind. That's what really gets me about the dissent here. People in this very thread have cheerfully declared that marijuana is safe because the majority believes it to be so: Colorado, decriminalization polls, Jeb Bush (apparently? I didn't really get that reference). Yikes! That kind of thinking isn't for me, and so people call me a Nazi. Things that make you wonder...
    Seriously, go away. Stop filling this thread with your asinine bullshit.

Blog Entries

Marijuana Legalization 2015: Croatia Legalizes Weed For Medical Use

Quote Originally Posted by International Business Times
    Marijuana became legally available in Croatia for medical purposes Thursday. The decision to legalize followed a high-profile case in which a multiple sclerosis patient was jailed last year for growing the plant to ease his pain.

Huanito Luksetic, 37, was detained for growing cannabis plants in his garden in a village near Rijeka. Police seized around 44 pounds of marijuana from the multiple sclerosis patient, who said he used the plants to make cannabis oil.

Doctors and other patients spoke out in support of legalization after Luksetic made news, and a monthslong campaign was launched to legalize medical marijuana. "For us, patients, cannabis is one of the most important plants for our lives and health," Luksetic told Agence France-Presse. "Everyone should have the right to choice and self-cure."
    http://www.ibtimes.com/marijuana-leg...al-use-2143078
    Last edited by Fallen; 10-15-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Seriously, go away. Stop filling this thread with your asinine bullshit.
    The man asked me my opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sometimes on a public forum a discussion will happen that has nothing to do with you. I think you would be happier with a blog, can I recommend Tumblr? The customization is a little tricky but posting is a smooth operation.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    The man asked me my opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sometimes on a public forum a discussion will happen that has nothing to do with you. I think you would be happier with a blog, can I recommend Tumblr? The customization is a little tricky but posting is a smooth operation.
    No, it isn't about your opinion. It's about you filling this thread with your stupid bullshit.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 10-15-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Shit 44 lbs? That's a serious stash.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Marijuana Legalization 2015: Croatia Legalizes Weed For Medical Use

http://www.ibtimes.com/marijuana-leg...al-use-2143078
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

― Winston Churchill

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

"Hell is other people"

―Sartre (No Exit)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkcipher View Post
    Shit 44 lbs? That's a serious stash.
    They likely weighed the undried plant(s). Hell, some cops will even weigh the soil too.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Granted... I know in some states you can have up to a ton of weed and it's still a misdemeanor. Still, seems like an awful lot for personal consumption.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

― Winston Churchill

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

"Hell is other people"

―Sartre (No Exit)

8. Default

44 lbs would last me a lifetime. Several probaly.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    They likely weighed the undried plant(s). Hell, some cops will even weigh the soil too.
    I know in the case of edibles the police will weigh the whole amount. (Which is absurd)

10. Default

In regada to Croatia..

The regulations envisage that a patient can receive up to 0.75 grams of THC per month.
    That.. is an absurdly small anount.