Page 107 of 160 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1598

Thread: What medicinal cannabis can do for you

1. Default

That's why I smoke weed every day, to keep the psychosis at bay.

2. Default

Colorado pot tax for schools hits record, exceeding 2014 total by May

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...-total-by-may/

Blog Entries

#blaze4kids
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

In other Colorado news the board that decides on what issues are eligible met just the other day to decide on PTSD. Despite moving testimony from numerous veterans the board voted not to include it. Pisses me off to say the least. Fuck every one of those people who voted against it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    In other Colorado news the board that decides on what issues are eligible met just the other day to decide on PTSD. Despite moving testimony from numerous veterans the board voted not to include it. Pisses me off to say the least. Fuck every one of those people who voted against it.
    Given my own experiences with pot, I can see why it would be a touch and go issue. In many cases, pot can alleviate anxiety. In many cases, it can exacerbate it.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    Given my own experiences with pot, I can see why it would be a touch and go issue. In many cases, pot can alleviate anxiety. In many cases, it can exacerbate it.
    Nuh uh! Weed is a plant therefore it is 100% good and wholesome!!!!!

Don't let big pharma fool you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

According to new research, the administration of the non-psychotropic component cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) in marijuana significantly helps heal bone fractures. The study, conducted on rats with mid-femoral fractures, found that CBD - even when isolated from the major psychoactive component of cannabis - markedly enhanced the healing process of the femora after just eight weeks.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    I think it all depends on the strain. If I'm feeling anxious and I smoke a strong sativa it can make me feel worse (it's only happened a few times) but indicas work great for me.

Blog Entries

Study finds no link between teen marijuana use, mental health issues

Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    A new study reports that chronic marijuana use in teenage boys does not appear to be linked to later physical or mental health issues such as depression, psychotic symptoms or asthma. The study, published by the American Physiological Association, did not include teenage girls.

Researchers from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Rutgers University compiled data by tracking 408 males from adolescence into their mid-30s. The participants were placed into four groups based on their reported marijuana use: low or non-users, early chronic users, participants who only smoked during adolescence, and those who began using marijuana late in their teens and continued through adulthood. Early chronic users reported higher marijuana use, which increased in their teens to a peak of more than 200 days per year on average when they were 22 years old, the news release said.

The study was an offshoot of the Pittsburg Youth Study, which tracked 14-year-old male students in Pittsburgh public schools in the late 1980s, according to a news release. Participants were surveyed annually or semiannually, and a follow up survey was conducted in 2009-2010 when the volunteers were 36 years old.

Based on the results of prior studies, authors expected to find a link between teen marijuana use and the later development of psychotic symptoms, cancer, asthma or respiratory problems but found none, according to a news release.

“What we found was a little surprising,” lead researcher Jordan Bechtold, a psychology research fellow at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, said in the release. “There were no differences in any of the mental or physical health outcomes that we measured regardless of the amount of frequency of marijuana used during adolescence.”

Researchers also found no link between teen marijuana use and lifetime depression, anxiety, allegories, headaches or high blood pressure. The team also controlled for other factors that could have influenced results such as cigarette smoking, other illicit drug use, and access to health insurance.

“We wanted to help inform the debate about legalization of marijuana, but it’s a very complicated issue and one study should not be taken in isolation,” Bechtold said, according to the news release.
    More information: "Chronic Adolescent Marijuana Use as a Risk Factor for Physical and Mental Health Problems in Young Adult Men;" Jordan Bechtold, PhD, and Dustin Pardini, PhD University of Pittsburgh Medical Center; Theresa Simpson, MA, and Helene R. White, PhD; Rutgers University; Psychology of Addictive Behaviors; published online Aug. 3, 2015.
    Last edited by Fallen; 08-04-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Study finds no link between teen marijuana use, mental health issues

More information: "Chronic Adolescent Marijuana Use as a Risk Factor for Physical and Mental Health Problems in Young Adult Men;" Jordan Bechtold, PhD, and Dustin Pardini, PhD University of Pittsburgh Medical Center; Theresa Simpson, MA, and Helene R. White, PhD; Rutgers University; Psychology of Addictive Behaviors; published online Aug. 3, 2015.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. The folks who found that it's biggest issues in teens were the disruption of learning (as an effect of intake high, then extended low due to high THC) didn't believe it caused longterm mental health effects other than disrupting learning during the high/low cycle.