Page 101 of 160 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1598

Thread: What medicinal cannabis can do for you

Blog Entries

Boys who smoke marijuana go through puberty earlier but grow more slowly than those who have never smoked the drug according to a study presented today at the European Congress of Endocrinology in Dublin, Ireland.

I don't think the study has been published yet, simply presented. It'll be interesting to see their findings in detail.
    Last edited by Fallen; 05-19-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

2. Default

Wrong thread.

Blog Entries

I'd say it's a valid entry, as this is one thing cannabis could potentially do for you. I would be wary about taking the findings as gospel though until you see the study published somewhere in full.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

4. Default

This thread is for medicinal benefits.

I like how they use the phrase, "cannabis-addicted". Isn' bone growth essentially pre-determined, though? I haven't heard anything about cannabis containing growth hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I like how they use the phrase, "cannabis-addicted". Isn' bone growth essentially pre-determined, though? I haven't heard anything about cannabis containing growth hormones.
    I think bone growth is pre-determined.. but there are definitely things that can stunt that growth.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I think bone growth is pre-determined.. but there are definitely things that can stunt that growth.
    I took heavy doses of Ritalin as a kid. Was short. Sposed to be around 5'8, 5'9 I was told. I got put on Imipramine after sixth grade, as well as the Ritalin. I have clue which medication did it, but I stopped growing from. At the end of my freshman year in high school, I stopped taking both, of my own choice. I grew so much over the course of a month, that I ended up in the hospital for several nights. Part of my summer break got wasted while I laid in a hospital bed tied up to an IV and painkillers =(. I ended up 6'2, and grew two more inches by the time I was 18. The pain was indescribable. It was like running until your last ounce of strength is gone, and then sitting in a sensory deprivation tank to feel your body. I was told that I had a bad reaction to ending the meds, and my body overcompensated.

Pre-determined? I donno about that. I was following that pattern until I got put on multiple meds, but once I was off, my body grew and grew and grew.

That being said, my case is probably not nearly the norm. But I definitely agree there are medications and combinations of medications that can stunt growth completely.

Publish or perish.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JackWhisper View Post
    I took heavy doses of Ritalin as a kid. Was short. Sposed to be around 5'8, 5'9 I was told. I got put on Imipramine after sixth grade, as well as the Ritalin. I have clue which medication did it, but I stopped growing from. At the end of my freshman year in high school, I stopped taking both, of my own choice. I grew so much over the course of a month, that I ended up in the hospital for several nights. Part of my summer break got wasted while I laid in a hospital bed tied up to an IV and painkillers =(. I ended up 6'2, and grew two more inches by the time I was 18. The pain was indescribable. It was like running until your last ounce of strength is gone, and then sitting in a sensory deprivation tank to feel your body. I was told that I had a bad reaction to ending the meds, and my body overcompensated.

Pre-determined? I donno about that. I was following that pattern until I got put on multiple meds, but once I was off, my body grew and grew and grew.

That being said, my case is probably not nearly the norm. But I definitely agree there are medications and combinations of medications that can stunt growth completely.
    Indeed, decompensation can be incredibly devastating. It's why I find the link between recreational cannabis use (that is, inherently irregular use of an anti-psychotic) and psychosis so compelling.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

10. Default

Senate panel votes to end VA ban on medical marijuana.

The Senate Appropriations Committee on Thursday advanced a $77.6 billion funding bill for military construction and veterans benefits that includes an amendment allowing Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend the use of medical marijuana.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/24...ommend-medical
    Last edited by Androidpk; 05-23-2015 at 09:21 PM.