Page 1 of 160 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What medicinal cannabis can do for you

1. Default What medicinal cannabis can do for you

I was originally going to post this in the politics folder but i'm not interested in discussing the politics behind this for this particular thread. This is for the science that has been done and cases showing the extreme benefits that it imparts on people with certain illnesses and diseases.

This video is on parkinsons disease and cannabis and it's split up into 3 parts. It's mostly an interview with Michael J Fox which is definitely worth watching but check out this particular section where it shows a man with progressed parkinsons and what a drastic difference a cannabis extraction makes for him, going from wheel chair bound to driving a car on his own.

http://youtu.be/En5HJBxstVk?t=13m25s

Cause psychosis.

I'm not some 1%er like the distinguished Mr. PK with his internet video films, so I'll leave it at that.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Cause psychosis.
    You can either suffer from 500+ seizures a week, all year round. Or you can consume a small amount of non-psychoactive cannabis concentrate, and run the (unverified) risk of future psychosis issues.

What do you choose, Mr. Latrin?

That's Mr. Mr. Latrin to you, and certainly I would choose door #2 while vigorously lobbying for safer cures. That's the thing about torture: you do anything you can to get out of it, but if you're smart you do anything you can to prevent it in the future too.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

That's Mr. Mr. Latrin to you, and certainly I would choose door #2 while vigorously lobbying for safer cures. That's the thing about torture: you do anything you can to get out of it, but if you're smart you do anything you can to prevent it in the future too.
    Could you please repeat that? I'm stoned.

6. Default

"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer."

Cause Latrin to go off on a Reefer Madness kick and cause people to believe in conspiracy theories.

8. Default

Cause psychosis.

I'm not some 1%er like the distinguished Mr. PK with his internet video films, so I'll leave it at that.

Once again, your facts are incorrect. Psychotic symptoms are to psychosis in precisely the same way that coughing is to lung cancer. Just because you have one, does not necessarily mean you have the other. Also, as we covered before, the study you're relying upon required only 1 psychotic symptom from the list of 20 symptoms for a positive result, which is in no way similar or in any way close to a diagnosis of clinical psychosis. And finally, the conclusion rests upon a meta-analysis, cited in the resources for your study that demonstrates an increased risk of developing clinical psychosis as the number and prevalence of psychotic symptoms increases. However, it is correlational, NOT causal. And even if it were, the study does not confirm that psychotic symptoms resulting from one source or another are all equivalent. After reading your study, it was unclear to me how they differentiated symptoms of smoking marijuana from persistent psychotic symptoms when all that was required for a positive was a single answer of "yes" on the question: Have you had any of these symptoms during the test period (which lasted for several years).

But we've been through all of this already, and yet here you are once again claiming that marijuana causes psychosis. You are lying. And I am exposing you. Again. GTFO!

~Taverkin

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Could you please repeat that? I'm stoned.
    Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

Medically/scientifically, it's much like any other complex chemical compound. Seems like it has great promise for certain treatments.

As a homeopathic application, I'll put it in the same category as all the rest of the self diagnosed/self medicated stupidity. It's kind of a shame the debate for recreational usage is so closely tied to the debate for the medical usage.