Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Waaagh! hammer 40,000

1. Default

Yeah that sounds unlikely unless they did something like Dawn of War II Retribution, with the super generic single player storyline.

2. Default

There's a new Space Hulk videogame in the works as well, turn based tactical.

3. Default

How hard is the game to get into? I've almost dived in a few times.

Like, if I buy the Start Collecting: Orks box and paint it, will I be able to find a game?

Blog Entries

Go to your local brick & mortar to see how busy it is or watch a few games. You can use the Start Collecting sets for games but once you read up a bit or get more experience you'll want to adjust your armies beyond them. Collecting/assembling 40k is SUPER expensive and time consuming, but if you're willing to spend $50+ on a 30 year old text based game it's probably right up your alley.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Go to your local brick & mortar to see how busy it is or watch a few games. You can use the Start Collecting sets for games but once you read up a bit or get more experience you'll want to adjust your armies beyond them. Collecting/assembling 40k is SUPER expensive and time consuming, but if you're willing to spend $50+ on a 30 year old text based game it's probably right up your alley.
    I'm pretty into MTG so expensive hobbies are right up my alley.

Some starter stuff.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...tartCollecting

Anyway, its expensive. I agree that the best thing to do is go to your local store and check that out. Let folks know that you are thinking about starting the hobby. Lots of people (and sometimes the store) will let you use some models to play a game or two to learn. They can also be helpful in figuring out what army you want to play.

Besides the minis you will need the base rule book. Then, once you decide on your army, any army specific books. Some armies have different factions with specific faction rules. Then all the paint and stuff to build/paint y our models. It also helps to know if your local scene is really wysiwyg (what you see is what you get, meaning, what weapons you use HAVE to be on the model), or if they allow proxies. This is for casual play, tournaments are all wysiwyg.

Anyway, welcome to the hobby, its a bunch of fun!
    If you shoot for the stars you will burn up in the atmosphere

Blog Entries

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

9. Default

Forge World's latest, Constantin Valdor.

Blog Entries

More news on Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2...

Which factions will we see within the campaigns as enemies and as playable races?

We currently plan for the Imperial Navy, the Necrons and the Tyrannids to have a playable campaign at launch.

Fuck yes. I'm going to Necron all you hos.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam