Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Waaagh! hammer 40,000

1. Default

Found this thread earlier. Documents a lot of the feats displayed by the various primarchs throughout some of the novels.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...thread.235897/

So how powerful are they exactly? I looked at this to compare them to marvel superheroes.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

Vulkan can lift a baneblade tank with his hands and those suckers are 320 tons. I can see primarchs as being able to go toe to toe in a fist fight with the incredible hulk.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 06-12-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    The smaller the model/figure, the lighter the touch. I've done this to a few models and it goes a long way to adding an awesome factor. LED stuff is very difficult to pull off because if you do things incorrectly in the slightest, the look can be ruined. Where as battle scarring can be a bit more forgiving.

Well, there's paintbrush and airbrushing. I highly recommend using an airbrush, easy to learn and painting is quick and, with some practice, even.
    The little painting I have done has been with a brush. I'd like to get an airbrush, but I see myself investing in one and then losing interest after a while. I have too many minis unpainted and too many still on sprues to want to invest more money, but I do really like the game. And I even really like painting and watching painting videos on youtube. I could watch the Awesomepaintjob channel all day.

How geeky is that?
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Vulkan can lift a baneblade tank with his hands and those suckers are 320 tons. I can see primarchs as being able to go toe to toe in a fist fight with the incredible hulk.
    With or without power amour? I imagine that would be a deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    The little painting I have done has been with a brush. I'd like to get an airbrush, but I see myself investing in one and then losing interest after a while. I have too many minis unpainted and too many still on sprues to want to invest more money, but I do really like the game. And I even really like painting and watching painting videos on youtube. I could watch the Awesomepaintjob channel all day.

How geeky is that?
    I completely understand that level of geek. Back when I had the time but not the money, I would watch people paint models for much of my day.

4. Default

Power armor would certainly help.

5. Default

Custom built warlord titan

Well, good ol' Russ took a power glove to the jaw from the Emperor and woke up within the hour with minimal injury. Though I doubt the emperor went full strength. Were it a normal person they'd be dead. A punch from the hulk would probably be child play to the Primarchs, if it ever landed.

7. Default

This guy has been building his for a little over 2 years now and his attention to detail is just bonkers.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Boot_Camp...pic=14538&st=0

That is amazing.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Well, good ol' Russ took a power glove to the jaw from the Emperor and woke up within the hour with minimal injury. Though I doubt the emperor went full strength. Were it a normal person they'd be dead. A punch from the hulk would probably be child play to the Primarchs, if it ever landed.
    Vulkan has taken a barrage of nuclear missiles, having his throat torn out and head ripped off by another primarch, thrown out of an airlock into space with no helm and incinerated by a starship engine..

So...Hulk doesn't stand a chance. Also, gotta love the Salamanders and their obsession with "Kill it with fire".

Last edited by Astray; 06-12-2014 at 12:55 PM.