Page 326 of 385 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3846

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Laugh Today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The human body can survive purely on meat. Many societies did (and do) just that. Surviving on an entirely plant-based diet only became possible recently with globalization and import/export of certain crops. This is a side tangent but I get triggered by vegans talking about how much more 'healthy' and 'natural' their diet is.
    I think it is probably more healthy. It isn't natural. And it isn't cheap to do it right.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think it is probably more healthy. It isn't natural. And it isn't cheap to do it right.
    Assuming both meat eaters and vegans do it right (that is a meat eater isn't eating 4 burgers filled with grease and fat everyday) is the vegan lifestyle really healthier?

3. Default

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Assuming both meat eaters and vegans do it right (that is a meat eater isn't eating 4 burgers filled with grease and fat everyday) is the vegan lifestyle really healthier?
    I think so yes. The faux meat they make for vegans has all the good things meat provides but none of the bad stuff. It is expensive and probably tastes like shit though. If you could live off just taking only the nutrients and crap your body needs and absolutely nothing else, that would obviously be the healthiest thing.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-22-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Blog Entries

When I say 'healthy' I'm talking in terms of nutrients. There's nothing inherently wrong with meat or fat, and your body doesn't process plant matter better than it does meat. In modern society of course, you need to watch what you eat.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

When I say 'healthy' I'm talking in terms of nutrients. There's nothing inherently wrong with meat or fat, and your body doesn't process plant matter better than it does meat. In modern society of course, you need to watch what you eat.
    Oh, I'm not talking about JUST plant stuff. I'm talking about the lab created nutrient filled stuff too.

And really, isn't meat just plants with a few extra steps?

Blog Entries

And really, isn't meat just plants with a few extra steps?
    Other way around. You can walk out your door and take a bite out of a moose, but something like soybeans have a few thousand years of cultivation behind them. Wild ancestors of our current crops are pretty gnarly.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Other way around. You can walk out your door and take a bite out of a moose, but something like soybeans have a few thousand years of cultivation behind them. Wild ancestors of our current crops are pretty gnarly.
    It is called the circle of life, Taernath. Both ways are correct.

And as far as soybeans, I'd never mess with Pk's food supply.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-22-2019 at 10:20 AM.

9. Default

Vishra, pay attention for next time you want to fake an education. Comments like these are how you can tell someone actually studied anthropology, and it's not because anthropology degrees require horticulture classes (they don't).

To add on needless extra information, cauliflower, kale, brussel sprouts, lettuce, cabbage...all the same plant. Just millenia of cultivation. Old ass watermelons and bananas are gross too. You can see those in old paintings and pictures of Carmen Miranda.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 03-22-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Blog Entries