Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Troubled Waters: Rescue at Sea

Default Troubled Waters: Rescue at Sea

GS4-VANAH
    Announcing a new instanced quest: Troubled Waters: Rescue at Sea on 04/26/2014 09:11 AM PDT

Sailing the Northern Waves of the Great Western Sea, krolvin warships raid the Elanthian coastline in the name of the Slavers Guild. The price for able men, women, and children keeps the Krol in business, as the slavery trade from Glaoveln to the Southern Waves of the Great Western Sea runs rampant.

Brave volunteers are called upon to board a chartered schooner and join a rescue mission to save those taken captive. The schooners sail out to known slave-trading routes to intercept krolvin ships, which volunteers board to meet the enemy head on. Because of the high volume of krolvin traffic on the trade routes, schooner captains dare not stay longer than two hours, lest krolvin reinforces arrive and add the volunteers to their slave inventory.

Up to 10 players can participate in the next GemStone IV Adventure, a small-scale quest that takes roughly two hours to complete. This is a combat-heavy quest, but is designed to accommodate a wide mix of professions and levels.

Prices, dates and times, and prize information to come!

~Vanah

Oooooooh.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Did it this morning. Good fun.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

It was a lot of fun.

Also your avatar still cracks me up.
    Last edited by Jhynnifer; 04-26-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Apparently it uses the GoS warcamp spawning system where you are safe from things out of your range if you don't attack them. Looks like they even put some thought into how aoe spells would work with that, too. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Also your avatar still cracks me up.
    I actually turned off viewing avatars so I can surreptitiously read the forums at work, so I forget what it is half the time. It does make me giggle whenever I think about it though, lol. Thanks for reminding me!

Hah. My work blocks this forum

Bear in mind I don't participate in quests as a rule - with the exception of EG mini quests for carousel, knuckle bones and the like. But I found this one to be awesome. Very impressed with how people worked together. No egos but a coordinated approach, with a clear focus on the objective of freeing prisioners and a knock on benefit of some good loot.

Thoroughly enjoyable.
    Bremerial God'thor

Valinda accepts Aneris's embalmed puppy.
    Valinda blinks.
    Valinda frowns at an embalmed puppy.
    Aneris accepts Valinda's puppy pelt pantaloons.
    Speaking to Valinda, Aneris says, "Thanks again.... I'll be back with more dead puppies if I happen tah find yah around."
    Valinda says, "Nooo."
    Valinda exclaims, "Ive filled my dead puppy quota, sorry!"

Anybody know the prizes yet?

no word on the final loot, but several enhancive weapons were found while going through the quest.

10. Default

This is the dropped loot. When you consider it was 2 hours worth and we pawned a lot. It's impressive. We didn't get to the treasure cache, but it's been stated sea-themed trinkets.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...-Haul-for-Sale