Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathala Crane View Post
    After messing around with it some more this past weekend and getting bored out of my mind, I don't think it has legs. Free to play within a year, to be honest. Maybe at that point I'd give it another go, but as it is now, I don't see paying $60 for the game, much less the sub.
    You couldn't have hit the nail on the head more cleanly. NCsoft has a great marketing department, capable of hyping the hell out of a game to get the number of subscribers at release to be substantial, but that is all they have. Most of their games are cookie-cutter renditions of one another (Guild Wars, Aion, Guild Wars 2), all of which suffer from sub-par content updates following release. Within a year the number of subscribers will be a fifth of what it was at release and you can bet the game will be F2P within two years. It took Aion three, but then they didn't have much competition outside of World of Warcraft.

Oh, this is done by NCSoft. Well then I'll never touch it after how they handled City of Heroes. They can go screw themselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    Oh, this is done by NCSoft. Well then I'll never touch it after how they handled City of Heroes. They can go screw themselves.
    It isn't done by NCSoft, it is done by Carbine. NCSoft does own Carbine, but they have nothing to do with the Dev of the game.

BTW, I preordered the Deluxe, so I'll be getting 3 7 day trial keys to hand out when it releases. If anyone wants one, let me know.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-28-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

It is both a decade removed... and LEAPS and bounds better than CoH was. Which was a pretty good game on the baseline, just not the throughline.
    A giantman highwayman fires a plain wooden arrow at you!
    You barely manage to block the missile with your shield!
    You manage to block with the exact angle needed to deflect the attack right back at the giantman highwayman!
    AS: +315 vs DS: +35 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +51 = +354
    ... and hits for 119 points of damage!
    Deft strike to abdomen penetrates several useful organs!

Blog Entries

The Devs seem pretty awesome and active with the community, unlike ESO where you'd only run into Forum Mod/Community Managers. The features they have at launch seem pretty damn awesome.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-28-2014 at 11:28 AM.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...ailer-is-live/

Speaking of which, this is on the launch bar today with the new patch.
    (which they seem to do a LOT more than any other MMO I've ever seen. I know their in beta, but if they even keep up half the speed of updates and balances they claim they will, it will be a fantastically fair game to play)
    You manage to block with the exact angle needed to deflect the attack right back at the giantman highwayman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Solo View Post
    It is both a decade removed... and LEAPS and bounds better than CoH was. Which was a pretty good game on the baseline, just not the throughline.
    They decided to shut down CoH and fire the staff that worked on it, even though it was profitable, during the shit storm that was the Guild Wars 2 launch. Hey, they have every right to shut down one of their games. I also think they handled it like a bunch of a-holes and as I was a big fan of CoH they won't see another dime of my money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    They decided to shut down CoH and fire the staff that worked on it, even though it was profitable, during the shit storm that was the Guild Wars 2 launch. Hey, they have every right to shut down one of their games. I also think they handled it like a bunch of a-holes and as I was a big fan of CoH they won't see another dime of my money.
    NCSoft has claimed quite a few times that Paragon Studios was not profitable, which is likely the sole reason it was all shut down. They tried on two occasions to sell off the CoH IP, but both times it fell through for various reasons. I think the F2P element that added is what created the downfall. MMOs shouldn't go F2P.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-28-2014 at 01:15 PM.

I have to agree with that. They shouldn't go F2P unless their literally dead and the profit from player purchase goes into maintaining the current status quo. If you play an F2P you basically get no right to expect any advancements or additions, which is what ultimately leads to a games death.

At least with GS they loft the eventual addition of new class releases. lol

Blog Entries

Can't wait!