Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Kronius View Post
    There's only so much airtime for character development and storylines. You've got 10 hours per season to jam in content that fills huge novels. For the most part, whenever a TV show is based on a book, or a set, a ton of stuff isn't going to translate because there just isn't enough time.

I thought Jurassic Park was a much better book than movie, but I still enjoyed the movie thoroughly.
    I thought the whole idea of it being an HBO series instead of a series of movies or whatever was so that there was enough time to make it as much like the books as possible. Also seems like making or trying to make each season equal one book was the wrong idea. Of course I haven't even watched an episode of the show and I might never.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Kronius View Post
    There's only so much airtime for character development and storylines. You've got 10 hours per season to jam in content that fills huge novels. For the most part, whenever a TV show is based on a book, or a set, a ton of stuff isn't going to translate because there just isn't enough time.
    +1

Of course the book is able to flesh out characters more. The show is limited by time and budget, the book isn't. Pretty obvious.

3. Default

It would be completely boring if the show and the books were identical.

Gonna drop this here...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Hey guys. Just had to stop in here to say that this show has totally jumped the shark, and I had to post this somewhere where mindless MMO players weren't going to brush it off as "nuh bruh, it was awesome" without any thought to analysis or context.

Anyways. I remember on these forums when we all first heard this series was going to be adapted to screen, how nervous we were for whether it would be true to it, how much I personally enjoyed the first few seasons...and now these deviations have spread from a stone's drop in the pond to a tsunami. The writing decisions this season (the first without extensive guidance from the books) have been...horrible. In a narrative sense, not the "it must be exactly like the books!" sense.

Ah well. Hope y'all are keeping well.
    What makes you believe things weren't headed in this direction anyway? Martin didn't just give them free reign.

Blog Entries

As a sidenote, it was fun seeing Tyrion be a little bit badass in that arena fight sequence and rescuing a damsel in distress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

in the books, Tyrion does a decent job fighting, given his height disadvantage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    in the books, Tyrion does a decent job fighting, given his height disadvantage.
    Haven't read most of the books but it's nice to get a side by side comparison of differences here.

edit: I know people are trying to sidestep future plot developments but there is no need...I own the internet so I know Jon Snow is about to meet his Brutus. I said in the OP that spoilers are welcome. If someone doesn't want spoilers they can avoid them by not opening this thread.
    Last edited by Tisket; 06-09-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    What makes you believe things weren't headed in this direction anyway? Martin didn't just give them free reign.
    GRRM doesn't have control over the series. He's just advising them.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Gonna drop this here...

I'll take the theon/reek action figure please. And the rock.