Page 35 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Speculation

I don't watch the show, but reading about it just now, this is a massive massive divergence from the books. I don't get how they square that....unless that means Sansa's story is unimportant to the whole, which I doubt.

2. Default

Diverging from the books was inevitable.

Maybe the details are unimportant. The story may still end the same way for everybody. If anything it seems like a clever way to get people who like one medium more interested in the other. Martin gave the producers of the TV show a rough outline of where he was going. My guess is that they're just getting there by another route.

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    I'm hoping the rape spurs Sansa's transformation as well. For God's sake, its about time she did something.
    All she'll do is try to escape with Theon in a blizzard and run into stannis' army in the process. Just a hunch.

I'm not a fan of this season of game of thrones, but I will tell you this: I love the fact that last nights episode pissed off so many people. Fucking sissies. It's god damned fiction. HARSH fiction at that. This isn't Harry fucking potter. Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    I'm not a fan of this season of game of thrones, but I will tell you this: I love the fact that last nights episode pissed off so many people. Fucking sissies. It's god damned fiction. HARSH fiction at that. This isn't Harry fucking potter. Fuck off.
    No shit. A little death, execution, torture, etc... is no big deal, but oh noes!!!!!, one marital rape and BAM! the world is ending.

Blog Entries

I am not a fan of this season either. While this particular part of the show didn't bother me, I think it was in bad taste when the actor playing Ramsay had to come to terms himself on some of the things he was portraying. If this was already in the books I think people would been more accepting of it, even if it wasn't described in much detail in the books, and the show provided more detail because people could see it and be repulsed. Personally I don't think it was needed or even really provided anything to the story. Its not like we forgot how much of a fuckwad Ramsay is. The only thing I can fathom is that they needed Sansa to be liked more by viewers and so they had to course correct so dramatically from how shitty she was in the previous seasons.

Either way, I was not entertained by it and it added nothing to the story for me. I still don't like either character, and if anything the added perversion and Martin signing off has turned me more off from the show. While I agree it is "HARSH" fiction as you put it, the original storylines were good enough at that. Some of the tweaks they have done didn't really annoy me, until this one. I was annoyed at the uncreative nature of the whole scene and as soon as he told Theon to watch I new exactly what was next and that it would be the curtain call. Highly predictable and just very uncreative. This particular scene goes down as my most annoying with the slaughter of the Unsullied and death of Barristan second. It just felt like they had these ideas of what to change and the scenes just seem really out of place. So its almost like you can tell they didn't happen that way in the original storyline. It feels very rushed when they do it.

Lately more shows have just added in pointless violence that really doesn't do anything but add shock value for water cooler talk. Sons of Anarchy's last season is a good example of what I talking about.
    Last edited by Buckwheet; 05-19-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    Chris

Ramsey having his way with Sansa I'd suppose.
    I was disappointed that Littlefinger's 'prophecy' of Sansa making Ramsay 'hers' ended up completely invalidated with her degradation.

But at least the Knights of the Vale may arrive sooner than later?

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I think she's going to come back in a big way. I'm hoping that all the shit she's been through are just the birth pangs that will turn her into some kind of a major force. Whether that will be for good or for evil is anyone's guess though.
    You'd almost have to think so. She's a Stark, and at some point she has to stop being the victim and grow a pair. Hoping this serves as a wake up call.