Page 33 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Speculation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm not a fan of this season of game of thrones, but I will tell you this: I love the fact that last nights episode pissed off so many people. Fucking sissies. It's god damned fiction. HARSH fiction at that. This isn't Harry fucking potter. Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    I'm not a fan of this season of game of thrones, but I will tell you this: I love the fact that last nights episode pissed off so many people. Fucking sissies. It's god damned fiction. HARSH fiction at that. This isn't Harry fucking potter. Fuck off.
    No shit. A little death, execution, torture, etc... is no big deal, but oh noes!!!!!, one marital rape and BAM! the world is ending.

I am not a fan of this season either. While this particular part of the show didn't bother me, I think it was in bad taste when the actor playing Ramsay had to come to terms himself on some of the things he was portraying. If this was already in the books I think people would been more accepting of it, even if it wasn't described in much detail in the books, and the show provided more detail because people could see it and be repulsed. Personally I don't think it was needed or even really provided anything to the story. Its not like we forgot how much of a fuckwad Ramsay is. The only thing I can fathom is that they needed Sansa to be liked more by viewers and so they had to course correct so dramatically from how shitty she was in the previous seasons.

Either way, I was not entertained by it and it added nothing to the story for me. I still don't like either character, and if anything the added perversion and Martin signing off has turned me more off from the show. While I agree it is "HARSH" fiction as you put it, the original storylines were good enough at that. Some of the tweaks they have done didn't really annoy me, until this one. I was annoyed at the uncreative nature of the whole scene and as soon as he told Theon to watch I new exactly what was next and that it would be the curtain call. Highly predictable and just very uncreative. This particular scene goes down as my most annoying with the slaughter of the Unsullied and death of Barristan second. It just felt like they had these ideas of what to change and the scenes just seem really out of place. So its almost like you can tell they didn't happen that way in the original storyline. It feels very rushed when they do it.

Lately more shows have just added in pointless violence that really doesn't do anything but add shock value for water cooler talk. Sons of Anarchy's last season is a good example of what I talking about.
    Last edited by Buckwheet; 05-19-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    Chris

Blog Entries

Regarding the outrage over Sansa's wedding night, I don't recall anyone being up in arms about khal drogo having his way with danaerys. Drogo did basically the same thing to her that Ramsey did to Sansa. Drogo and danaerys were alone though. Hell, drogo had his way more than once.

Regarding the outrage over Sansa's wedding night, I don't recall anyone being up in arms about khal drogo having his way with danaerys. Drogo did basically the same thing to her that Ramsey did to Sansa. Drogo and danaerys were alone though. Hell, drogo had his way more than once.
    Also inaccurately depicted by HBO, and not the consensual sex between a married couple as in the book. Notice a pattern here?

Quote Originally Posted by leifastagsweed View Post
    Also inaccurately depicted by HBO, and not the consensual sex between a married couple as in the book. Notice a pattern here?
    I think Daenerys consented as much as Sansa; "We're married , it's expected/my duty. Guess I won't fight it."

Quote Originally Posted by leifastagsweed View Post
    Your use of the term "inaccurately" is a weasel word. Both D&D and GRRM have stated that the show and books should be treated separately as their own properties.

If you're going to argue about a fictional setting's morality from a modern perspective, it's important to note that Daenerys was thirteen years old in the novels and fifteen years old in the show. In no first world society is the age of consent that young, especially when paired with an adult., and she was sold as property into an arranged marriage. From the lens of modern morality, it's unquestionably rape. She's crying, humiliated, abandoned by her own family, traded away like livestock.

You're really setting Daenerys and Drogo up as the standard for moral marriage in their world and somehow Sansa's was worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    ...it's important to note that Daenerys was thirteen years old in the novels and fifteen years old in the show. In no first world society is the age of consent that young, especially when paired with an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Funny how posting a meme picture does not make an argument. There are some qualifiers in certain places, mostly to protect minor having sex with other minors, but a 13 year old marrying a 30 year old? There aren't many places in the industrialized world where that's legal, if any, and I'd wager that the overwhelming majority of westerners would see that as an self-evident wrong.