Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1341

Thread: Game of Thrones Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    I really don't know, but after the "chaos is a ladder" moment I am just waiting for a "you can't hide anything from me, foolish mortal, I CAN LIVE IN YOUR MIND!" moment.
    As satisfying as it was over all to see Littlefinger dropped in a silent room with no kind of ceremony or anything to make him more important than a piece of trash that needed taking out, I wish they had played up more of the fact that Bran could actually see all of the horrid things that he's done in his life and laid shit bare. I would have loved three minutes less tense silence in other places and three more minutes of The Life of Littlefinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Beniah View Post
    How the hell did Euron and Cersei make a plan that Euron would pretend he was going to leave to look out for himself when they didn't know about the wight in the box to begin with?
    Because their plan all along was "no matter what, you're going to find a reason to say "fuck this, I'm out of here!" and storm off" and that's what he did? I mean, he did start the meeting by trying to start a personal confrontation that was going to get him kicked out anyway. The initial plan could have been that he keeps starting fights until he gets ejected and then saying he's leaving, but he's pretty good at being an evil bastard who betrays people, so he played the part with what he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Baelish's death proved beyond any doubt that Sansa and Arya are forces to be reckoned with and not just foolish girls.
    Definitely, and I think Sansa and Arya are supposed to be feeling like the true reunification of Starks right now while Jon is set to go off and become a Targaryen. The two of them feel more solid already than Jon and Sansa have in all the time they've been reunited, and they will be the ones who truly carry on the Stark name. Sansa can be The Lady of Winterfell, maybe even The Queen in the North, and Arya can be her personal crazy bad ass ninja guard/assassin...

Unless they all die. Stop being so damned optimistic, self.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    As satisfying as it was over all to see Littlefinger dropped in a silent room with no kind of ceremony or anything to make him more important than a piece of trash that needed taking out, I wish they had played up more of the fact that Bran could actually see all of the horrid things that he's done in his life and laid shit bare. I would have loved three minutes less tense silence in other places and three more minutes of The Life of Littlefinger.
    I thought it was great that they showed Bran being a bit more fallible in that he originally missed the fact that Jon was legitimate. And the scene where he brags about his omniscience to Sam only to immediately ask him why he is at Winterfell. It showed that he might be able to see everything but he first has to know to look for something in particular before he can see it. He has weaknesses which will be important I think in the last season of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Oh please, this was the best season yet.
    Last season had Bastardbowl and a great finale. Bastardbowl in particular was such a great, cathartic release. I think Season 7 was pretty decent but relied too much on dragons.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

5. Default

I think overall this season had more content than others, but some of it felt slipshod, you could tell they had TV writers vs sci fi writers handling the storyline.

But I still loved it.

Soooo... going to make a dragonglass spear and use Cersei's spearapult to hit le dargon down!
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Why do you watch a show you seem to hate so much?

I've enjoyed this season.
    Hate the show? Hardly. It's probably my favorite show of all time and I still thoroughly enjoy and look forward to each and every episode. Hell, I'm pissed when each episode is over, especially now that we'll have to wait over a year before the final six.

But yeah, the writing hasn't nearly been as good. We watched tense scenes between Arya and Sansa and wondered where they were going with it. Then without even a crumb that something might be up we get the Littlefinger final scene with a big "hah, got ya!" from the writers. It could have easily been set up with a thirty second shot between Sansa and Bran. Something like....
    Sansa: "I fear for my life around Arya". Bran: "I know". Then break away. That's all. Something to set up the final showdown where we can say "oh, he told her everything". Without that it's just plain sloppy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    The writing has become terrible. The Arya Sansa thing was a joke, they wasted such a great character like Littlefinger, seriously, do you think a master manipulator that has survived countless assassinations and intrigue and swindled an entire kingdom away would fall victim to two airhead girls. Gimme a break.
    I think you mean two airhead girls and their virtually omnipotent brother. Sorry, but not even Littlefinger can beat that.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

She doesn't strike me as a wasteful person however, his execution was so public I don't know how useful his face would be since most people would know he was dead.
    Well. They don't exactly have to send out ravens telling everyone that they've executed him. I'd imagine the ~30 people in that room will have enough to occupy their time that they won't be cruising the countryside spreading the tale, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beniah View Post
    We watched tense scenes between Arya and Sansa and wondered where they were going with it. Then without even a crumb that something might be up we get the Littlefinger final scene with a big "hah, got ya!" from the writers.
    If you didn't pick up that something was going on, you weren't paying attention. What was one of the first things Arya learned to do in the House of Black and White? Here's a little hint: Littlefinger taught Sansa a game he liked. Someone else taught Arya a different game. She'd been giving Littlefinger the stank eye and stalking him ever since she stepped back into Winterfell. I think it's safe to say that while Sansa at times has trusted him, Arya probably never has. Even back when they were in King's Landing, she probably knew he was a snake. Fast forward to her return to Winterfell where, of all places he could be, she finds him with Sansa. She immediately knew he was up to no good.

Sansa: "I fear for my life around Arya". Bran: "I know". Then break away. That's all. Something to set up the final showdown where we can say "oh, he told her everything". Without that it's just plain sloppy writing.
    It's possible that the scene with Sansa and Arya and the knife made things finally click for Sansa. That could have been solidified even further when Littlefinger suggested that Arya was there to become the Lady of Winterfell. She had to know that was utter bullshit. That sort of thing is what Littlefinger would want, not Arya. In the end, maybe Bran wasn't really needed for much. Maybe he confirmed some things for them off-camera, maybe not.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

I would have liked Bran's realization that he missed parts of Jon's history to have played a role in Littlefinger's death. He realized he didn't have the whole story and looked into his family's deaths more and more.

Blog Entries

My favorite part of the whole episode was Theon finding his metaphorical balls again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow