Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lnet stopped working

1. Default lnet stopped working

For some reason my lnet stopped working. Haven't change anything on it and my other lich things are working. Any idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlerager View Post
    For some reason my lnet stopped working. Haven't change anything on it and my other lich things are working. Any idea's?
    Leave it off. Your IQ will go up ten points.

3. Default

There appears to be an issue with the server's internet connection. When did this start?
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

4. Default

I noticed it this morning .. worked fine last night. I was thinking I had an older version of lich but when I try to go to your website it appears to be down.

5. Default

>;whatlevel
    [script done]
    --- Lich: whatlevel active.
    [whatlevel: Hook set up. Type exp to see your level. Kill me to remove the hook.]
    [updater: error connecting to server: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2)]
    [updater: this script is obsolete - starting ;repository download-updates]
    --- Lich: updater has exited.
    [lnet: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2)]
    --- Lich: repository active.
    lnet:78:in `initialize'
    lnet:78:in `open'
    [repository: error: download-updates has not been set up; look for set-updatable and unset-updatable commands in ;repository help]
    [lnet: NilClass is not a valid input stream. It must walk
    like either a String, an IO, or a Source.]
    --- Lich: repository has exited.
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.7-p352/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/source.rb:21:in `create_from'
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.7-p352/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:133:in `stream='
    [lnet: connection lost]
    [lnet: waiting 278 seconds before trying to reconnect...]
    >;repo help

6. Default

Update: the server is being attacked by a DoS/DDoS. Also, being the victim of this sort of thing is apparently a violation of my hosting providers Acceptable Use Policy, and they decided to warn me. Fun stuff.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    There appears to be an issue with the server's internet connection. When did this start?
    I dunno, I was using Pshops without issue most of the morning.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    Also, being the victim of this sort of thing is apparently a violation of my hosting providers Acceptable Use Policy, and they decided to warn me. Fun stuff.
    Well that makes all kinds of sense. How dare you be on the receiving end of a DDoS attack.

I guess Simu has decided to unofficially disallow Lich/Lnet and they are trying to take the server down.

I'm kidding of course. Maybe.

Tillmen- are funds needed to solve this issue?
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Check your server for vulnerabilities and exploits. Sometimes what can seem to be a DDOS attack is really just because your server was rooted and is now hosting bittorrents or something. Or some asshole indicated it was held such files and so tons of people are trying to download nonexistant shit. I once inherited an IP address that was apparently used for torrents by the previous owner, it was the worst. Sometimes its best just to bail and get a new server/ip if the move isn't too difficult.