Thread: Lost Spell Active & Lumnis Info

Default Lost Spell Active & Lumnis Info

All chars on both accounts lost their active spells and Lumnis timers. I know I can type spell active to replace the spells and ;e Gift.started when their next Lumnis starts to reset that.

I was wondering why this would happen so I can (hopefully) prevent it in the future.

It could be:

- Multiple instances of lich running sometimes (wherein a probably zombie process has the settings files locked and they can't be updated by the current one). If it's a frequent problem, check to make sure that there are no instances of the ruby interpreter running after you log out and before you log in.
    - That infomon is either crashing or you're killing it by accident. The infomon script is responsible for ;magic, ;banks, and a number of other things. These two, for instance, are aliases in infomon rather than being individual scripts.
    - That you're logging in from multiple computers. In which case, you should read ;magic help to see how to store/load your settings on/from the server.
    - Something else I can't think of right now. Those three probably represent a good 95% of all such cases.