Page 217 of 220 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2193

Thread: Russia Just Invaded Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post

Thank you. I did not know what you were referring to when you said Biden was responsible for Vietnam's failure to hold off the Chinese. For those who do not want to take the time to mention the article, it says that Biden, who was a newly elected Senator at the time, was a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and during a committee meeting he and several other listed Senators voted against sending an aid bill to the full Senate. There is not mention of anything he did other than being a member of the group of Senators on the committee who unsuccessfully voted against advancing the bill. The rest of the article is about how the bill passed the Senate by a large margin but failed to get a majority vote in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    True

You don't see how humanizing animals is going to lead to you eating bugs?

It's very related, though, not as closely related as Serans parents.
    I’ve found that DINKS and single adults tend to treat and see their pets as children, which is totally fine in my eyes. It’s not the same thing, but they won’t really grasp that concept unless & until they have children. With folks having kids later or not at all, I believe that has been a major contributor to the humanizing of animals as you describe.

Kristi Noem describing putting down her dog and then using that story to say it shows she has what it takes to make the correct but hard decisions as a politician is a strange flex in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Thank you. I did not know what you were referring to when you said Biden was responsible for Vietnam's failure to hold off the Chinese. For those who do not want to take the time to mention the article, it says that Biden, who was a newly elected Senator at the time, was a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and during a committee meeting he and several other listed Senators voted against sending an aid bill to the full Senate. There is not mention of anything he did other than being a member of the group of Senators on the committee who unsuccessfully voted against advancing the bill. The rest of the article is about how the bill passed the Senate by a large margin but failed to get a majority vote in the House.
    There are, or were, speeches of him on the Senate floor arguing against sending aid after America made the promise to replace like for like on all military equipment.

He also greatly advocated not bringing out allies out of Vietnam, just like he did in Afghanistan. So, he has a record of pretty much telling the world that he won't uphold America's promises and he will drop allies at a heartbeat when it's convenient. All of this was brought out publiclly in the last campaign. But, idiots like you were "orange man bad" and we have this piece of shit and are on the verge of WWIII.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I’ve found that DINKS and single adults tend to treat and see their pets as children, which is totally fine in my eyes. It’s not the same thing, but they won’t really grasp that concept unless & until they have children. With folks having kids later or not at all, I believe that has been a major contributor to the humanizing of animals as you describe.

Kristi Noem describing putting down her dog and then using that story to say it shows she has what it takes to make the correct but hard decisions as a politician is a strange flex in my humble opinion.
    Politically, she pretty much suicided with this story. The choice of this story to use as an example pretty much make sure she is as high as she can go in politics today and Trump likely will distance himself from her.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post

Don't get me wrong, I hated Noem when she vetoed the voters will on South Dakota legalizing cannabis. Which I find far more shitty than killing her dog.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

True

You don't see how humanizing animals is going to lead to you eating bugs?

It's very related, though, not as closely related as Serans parents.
    Do you own or have you ever owned a dog? If so, then using your logic, that makes you part of this bug eating problem that doesn't actually exist, for "humanizing" wolves.

My pigs aren't gigantic 500+ pound hogs that would have otherwise been sent to a slaughterhouse. But you typically speak in nothing but absolutes 24/7, as demonstrated by your weekend of bending over backwards to compare Noem executing her puppy to abortion and declaring that anyone who disagrees is an animal worshipping city boy, so elaborating further would just be a waste of time.

Last edited by Methais; 04-30-2024 at 11:14 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Stop simping for Biden, loser.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Do you own or have you ever owned a dog? If so, then using your logic, that makes you part of this bug eating problem that doesn't actually exist, for "humanizing" wolves.

My pigs aren't gigantic 500+ pound hogs that would have otherwise been sent to a slaughterhouse. But you typically speak in nothing but absolutes 24/7, as demonstrated by your weekend of bending over backwards to compare Noem executing her puppy to abortion and declaring that anyone who disagrees is an animal worshipping city boy, so elaborating further would just be a waste of time.

Of course I've owned dogs, I've also had to put a dog down.

The argument isn't equating killing a dog to abortion. The argument is the social outrage over killing a dog in a society that celebrates killing humans in the womb and the Republicans falling for the same Democrat emotion based attacks, every fucking time.

I would also eat your pig if I had no bacon, because pigs are food.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Of course I've owned dogs,
    Using your logic, that makes you part of the problem for "humanizing" wolves.

I've also had to put a dog down.
    Because it was sick and/or suffering? Or because you were mad at it? There's a pretty huge difference.

The argument isn't equating killing a dog to abortion. The argument is the social outrage over killing a dog in a society that celebrates killing humans in the womb and the Republicans falling for the same Democrat emotion based attacks, every fucking time.
    It's you comparing apples to oranges. People on both sides of abortion are outraged over Noem's bullshit. Pretty much everyone except for you.

I would also eat your pig if I had no bacon, because pigs are food.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-30-2024 at 11:36 AM.