Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lure For Getting More People Into The Lands

I'm no salesman. I could be, but I'd rather lead the horse to the water rather then try to bring the water to the horse.

By the way, make sure to tell them about this board as well. Helps save your breath from having to explain everything in person.
    Last edited by Saipher; 02-15-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Very good idea Rojo. But you still have to have a Lure that's "shiny". You know what I mean? That's a good lure, but it's more colorful than shiny.

I'm actually curious how you think they can make money off this game. I've been playing for years, my main is capped, and if I powerhunt for loot I can pull in maybe 100k/hour, which is what, 50 cents? I am definitely not a loot hunter, some people do much better, but no newbie is going to start off making money. That takes years unless you buy characters, and MERCHANTING mostly. Are you saying you make a significant amount of money playing Gemstone? What's your secret!?
    Last edited by waywardgs; 02-15-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

People love makin money. It's that simple.

I wouldn't say significant at all. I'm not talking paying your rent money.

I'm saying anything is better than nothing. I know plenty of college students and such who would love to earn whatever they could from playing the game.

We're talking paper route equivalent type stuff. Where you don't actually have to leave the house to do it.

I just haven't spoken to my friends yet because I am still working on my first character.

But I know when I do, they will jump on board.

I've promoted it to people I don't know, through other means. I've got a few bites.

I'll listen to all the nay sayers as soon as they try my idea with somebody. Just make sure to pick a person who could actually use it. Rather than someone who's pulling in salary and living in a house with a few cars, etc. etc.

Don't pick people who have careers. lol.

For one, they don't have the time. For another, they won't see the point in it.
    Last edited by Saipher; 02-15-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Heck, even teenagers is a perfect target. They appreciate $20 when they see it.
    Last edited by Saipher; 02-15-2014 at 08:52 PM.

I heard this one in like 4th grade. It's called a pyramid scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Saipher View Post
    Alright I already stated this in game but I feel that this is a better place to post this.

I've been away from the lands only for a few years, but I've noticed a pretty drastic decrease in the daily population. At least 200 people per day are gone from what I remember just two years ago or so. Maybe more like 3.

The trend that I am seeing, as I stated in game, is in a downward motion. No trend that is in a downward motion is a good thing. Obviously, even a trend in population that is rising, is eventually going to take a downward swing, but that's still a good thing, because as long as the trend is moving up instead of down, the Lands will gain population that way. No matter what, all trends move from up to down, and from down to down.

So...what I propose is this.

If you have a facebook page/account, at all, with at least 20 friends on it, who are looking for a way to make money on the side, what we need to start doing, for our friends and family, is telling them about the economy that exists out of game. The virtual economy that exists on boards such as this one.

The reason we need to explain that, is because many people out there simply don't understand that you can actually play gemstone for fun, while making real Life money at the same time.

If people only think that they have to spend money on gemstone just to play it for fun, that's not quite going to entice them into becoming a customer as much as making money also through the game's in game/out of game economy will.

Most people I know of who play games like GS do it for making money out of game. That's just a fact. I mean if the world wasn't the way it was out of game, then perhaps people would have more time and more money to spend just to do it for fun. But unfortunately, we all know the state of the world at the moment, and the lack of income that many people are suffering from.

The answer to everyone's problems is that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. So the more of our friends and family that we can entice into making real life money through the games virtual economy system, the more people we will have at our disposal to make money from ourselves. It's a win win situation.

The lure is the economy system in game. Not all games have one. Most people don't even know that it can be done. Most people in the real world that is. Once we take the time to explain it to them though, how much you wanna bet we can get a lot of our friends and family to jump on the bandwagon as long as we explain that they can make real money out of game as long as they put the effort into it. But eventually, if we're not catching fish, then what's going to end up happening is that it will come to the point where nobody gets to enjoy the water anymore, because we simply won't have anymore fishing experience left. No fish to catch = no fishing experience. No fish to watch and interact with means no more Gemstone 4. It's really that simple. It's more like.....no new fish....nothing to eat. Nothing to eat....we die (the population).

It will work. Games like WOW, and that other one that is very popular, where people have actually become millionaires through the games virtual economy by making real life dollars, do not hide the fact that they have an in/out game virtual economy. I've noticed that for whatever reason, it's kind of a secret in Gemstone 4. That's only resulting in people not signing up for the game though, because it's the lure that we all need for them to come here with.

I used this analogy in game. You can't catch a fish without a good lure. The lure for this game is it's in game and out of game economy. That's the only lure we need, because that's pretty much the only lure that people would even care about. If we use that to our advantage, we can restore the game's in game population. Which is what we all need, because we all benefit from such a thing.

It's as easy as explaining the mechanics of the game to people, and how they can make real money by playing the game. That's enough of a lure for anybody. That would entice people who've never even heard of Gemstone 4 to get right into it.

I'm promoting this game myself on the side, so I'm doing my part. But we really need to open up about the economy in game, and how people can use that to basically have a part time job in real life. That alone will get people to sign up for it.