Thread: Terrorism and Geopolitics leading up to Sochi Olympics

Default Terrorism and Geopolitics leading up to Sochi Olympics

Last edited by 4a6c1; 06-28-2015 at 09:09 PM.

The place is still under construction too. I was reading about that today and wondering how easy that would be for terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    Supposedly they have their Ateams in Dagestan and Chechnya stirring up shit. I hope they saved some heavies for the games. :[
    The Russians were sure good at security in the past and I don't think the FSB has lost much compared to the KGB. That being said, I think it's a coin-toss on whether or not something gets blown up for these games. The one thing I know for sure is that these are the first games of my life that I will be glad I didn't go see in person.

Blog Entries

I think the terrorist threat is the main reason Obama or Biden are not going. The gay rights in Russia are an issue, but I doubt that is the sole largest one.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think the terrorist threat is the main reason Obama or Biden are not going. The gay rights in Russia are an issue, but I doubt that is the sole largest one.
    That could be. I'm sure the secret service was dead set against it. Hopefully nothing will happen, but it seems dicey.

Blog Entries

When it takes 30,000 plus military to secure an area that is when the IOC should say "How about somewhere else?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    When it takes 30,000 plus military to secure an area that is when the IOC should say "How about somewhere else?"
    But then the terrorists would have won! We can't just go about changing things because of some loons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    But then the terrorists would have won! We can't just go about changing things because of some loons.
    Fuck it. Lets do the Summer Olympics in Kandahar. Can't let those terrorizers win.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Nah, you should change the location because of total incompetence and lack of potable water instead. :P