Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Question Bitcoin

This article says that Bitcoins would be a good investment, and it says Libertarian politics is part of the reason.

Just a year ago, a bitcoin was worth $13. And today, the same piece of digital currency is valued at more than $800 on popular online money exchanges. But Chris Dixon believes that’s still a serious bargain.

Dixon, a partner with the big-name Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andressen Horowitz, is adamant that bitcoin could become the primary means of making payments on the internet, and if that happens, the price of a bitcoin will skyrocket. “I think it could be easily worth $100,000,” he says.

More...
    For one thing, he saw a technological breakthrough. Through a new breed of distributed computing and cryptography technologies, the bitcoin community created the first global public ledger that could operate in a secure and trustworthy fashion. But more than that, bitcoin had politics on its side: Libertarian-leaning advocates saw it as more than a low-cost way to send money. For them, it’s a movement, and many of them have worked tirelessly to evangelize bitcoin. “Every interesting large scale technology movement has had a political component,” Dixon says.
    The article compares Bitcoins to other overlooked investment opportunities in the past, like domain names in 1993. Many people will jump based on the prediction of $800 worth of Bitcoins turning into $100,000. But I'm not convinced. It seems like it would be too easy for somebody to create a competing virtual currency. In fact, I may create one during lunch today. ClydeCoins.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Will ClydeCoins have two faces?

I'll be here all week!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Will ClydeCoins have two faces?

I'll be here all week!
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

Dixon, a partner with the big-name Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andressen Horowitz, is adamant that bitcoin could become the primary means of making payments on the internet, and if that happens, the price of a bitcoin will skyrocket. “I think it could be easily worth $100,000,” he says.
    And this is how someone that owns a lot of something tries to drive up the value.

Dixon, a partner with the big-name Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andressen Horowitz, is adamant that bitcoin could become the primary means of making payments on the internet, and if that happens, the price of a bitcoin will skyrocket. “I think it could be easily worth $100,000,” he says..
    I wonder how many bit coins that guy owns.
    (OOC) Azimar's player whispers to the group, "Its ok, im delving into some random dudes anus."

I was pretty upset when I sold my 2000 coins when they were $12-15 each up from the $2-$3 I paid for them once I saw the price hit $1300.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheet View Post
    I was pretty upset when I sold my 2000 coins when they were $12-15 each up from the $2-$3 I paid for them once I saw the price hit $1300.
    If you had kept them until they were worth $100,000 each, then you'd be rich!

I'm surprised that more governments had not followed China's example in restricting it.

Particularly considering nothing trumps Fiat money.

Bitcoins = absolutely an "at your own risk" situation.

Finally!!

Bitcoin exchange CEO arrested for money laundering
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/27/tech...html?hpt=hp_t2

I'm more interested in Dogecoin.
    ~Player of Inurtia