Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: My scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Now when we do (300 * 2.50) - 715 (the highest lock possibility on an extremely well-crafted lock) + 60 (your lockroll number) we get a value of 95, since this value is lower than 100 the script says you need a vaalin lockpick + lock lore.

This is all working as intended. A lock roll value of 66 would have made the script forgo lock lore. This is probably happening because your lockpick skill is very close to the difficulty of the lock on the box.
    Shouldn't it step up to lore+veniom if it was unable to pick with vaalin unlored, is my point?

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Shouldn't it step up to lore+veniom if it was unable to pick with vaalin unlored, is my point?
    It could but I didn't code it to work like that. It checks each lockpick and once it gets to vaalin and it determines that vaalin isn't enough it just uses vaalin + lore.

I might change it someday to check for lower lockpicks + lore.

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    STFU already and create your own script if you don't like it!!!11

Even this dog can do it himself

I have uploaded a test version of ;tpick as ;tpick-test

;tpick-test will give some information before it attempts to pick a lock (what your skill is, what the lock difficulty is supposed to be based on loresinging/measuring, what your skill is, etc etc), it also determines if you can pick the lock without 403 and if so it will attempt to do so. If it determines you cannot pick the lock without 403 it will determine what the lowest lockpick you can use with 403 to pick the lock and attempt that.

I don't have much time these days to play so this is why I have uploaded this as ;tpick-test for now. If people can download this version (and make sure you're using it instead of the old ;tpick) and see if it is working properly as far as using vaalin when needed and etc etc and see if the formulas are accurate as in it is putting you in the ballpark of which pick you should use and isn't wildly off (if it is wildly off make sure your calipers are properly calibrated before providing feedback.)

Once this has been tested sufficiently I'll delete this version and update the regular ol' ;tpick to this version. Thanks all.

The reason I'm using a test version for now is because I'm not sure how well this new version will work and I would hate for someone to update ;tpick thinking it's a new and improved version only to find out it's not :O
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Okay fixed some things in ;tpick-test which will roll on out to ;tpick once some more testing has been done with ;tpick-test.

;tpick-test now should only try to pick actual boxes and not anything with the words chest, box, strongbox, trunk, or coffer in the name.

Fixed some bugs with ;tpick-test not using the proper lockpick for the job. ;tpick should be pretty gosh darn accurate in using the lowest lockpick you can and still open that darn lockpick, even when using 403 or not. Keep in mind this also depends on what your lockroll value is set to.

;tpick-test is going really well so far. Example:

Using your gold calipers, you carefully begin to measure the lock...
    Roundtime: 9 sec.
    sR>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a fairly complicated lock (between -760 and -795)
    I would recommend you use a veniom lockpick or better AND locklore.
    sR>
    [tpick-test]>put my calipers in my toolkit
    You put a set of gold filigree calipers etched with asymmetrical lines in your locksmith's toolkit.
    s>
    [tpick-test: Recommended lock pick: veniom with a modifier of 2.2]
    [tpick-test: Recommend 403: Yes]
    [tpick-test: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 302]
    [tpick-test: Your calculated lockpicking lore: 88]
    [tpick-test: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 858.0000000000001]
    [tpick-test: Lock difficulty: 795]
    [tpick-test]>get #289742142
    You remove a silk-wrapped veniom lockpick from in your slim vaalorn kit.
    s>
    [tpick-test: Attempting to pick lock.]
    [tpick-test]>incant 403
    Humming a familiar ditty about a knave found on the wrong side of a door, you weave the simple somatic components of Lock Pick Enhancement into the air...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    A scintillating light surrounds your hands.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    s>
    [ Lock Pick Enhancement: +0:01:26, 0:01:26 remaining. ]
    [tpick-test]>pick #291141213
    s>
    You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
    You make a poor attempt (d100=38).
    You struggle with the box. As you do, you get a sense that the box has a fairly complicated lock (-775 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

;tpick never did that. So thanks a ton for your dev work, Dreaven.

Noticed that ;tpick-test will not pause if you become fried after disarming a trap, and will grab vaalin and lore up to blow through the lock after frying on disarming.

Rest at %:100
    Pick at %:90

Wasted xpeeees!

Code:
    [tpick-test: Measuring lock.]
    [tpick-test]>get my calipers
    You remove a set of gold filigree calipers etched with asymmetrical lines from in your locksmith's toolkit.
    s>
    [tpick-test]>lmaster measure #295414684
    Using your gold calipers, you carefully begin to measure the lock...
    Roundtime: 10 sec.
    sR>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a fairly complicated  lock (between -760 and -795)
    I would recommend you use a veniom lockpick or better AND locklore.
    sR>
    You feel at full magical power again.
    sR>
    [tpick-test]>put my calipers in my toolkit
    sR>
    [tpick-test: Recommended lock pick: veniom with a modifier of 2.2]
    [tpick-test: Recommend 403: Yes]
    [tpick-test: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 302]
    [tpick-test: Your calculated lockpicking lore: 88]
    [tpick-test: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 858.0000000000001]
    [tpick-test: Lock difficulty: 795]
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    s>
    [tpick-test]>get #299521072
    You remove a silk-wrapped veniom lockpick from in your slim vaalorn kit.
    s>
    [tpick-test: Attempting to pick lock.]
    [tpick-test]>incant 403
    Humming a familiar ditty about a knave found on the wrong side of a door, you weave the simple somatic components of Lock Pick Enhancement into the air...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    A scintillating light surrounds your hands.
    s>
    [ Lock Pick Enhancement: +0:01:26, 0:01:26 remaining. ]
    [tpick-test]>pick #295414684
    You must have your other hand free or be holding the wooden coffer to do that.
    ;tpick-test ground did not catch the ...wait 1 seconds pattern when trying to stash calipers, and tried to pick without an empty hand, then stalled when it received the You must have your other hand free message.
    Last edited by sellstuff1; 09-09-2018 at 03:51 PM.

I am convinced ;tpick-test is the new gold standard for all of your lockpicking needs so it has been removed from the repo!

;tpick is now the new gold standard for all of your lockpicking needs to get back to using it!1!

;tpick changes:

Script should now use lowest quality lockpick possible while still picking the lock instead of jumping straight to vaalin + 403 if vaalin alone can't pick the lock. This will also depend on what your lockroll setting is set to.
    Script now pauses for experience drain after disarming a trap if your settings call for resting at a certain threshold.
    Script shouldn't get hung up trying to put your calipers away.

Code:
    ;tpick ground
    --- Lich: tpick active.
    [tpick]>open my kit
    That is already open.
    !s>
    [tpick]>open my longcoat
    That is already open.
    !s>
    [tpick]>open my toolkit
    That is already open.
    !s>
    [tpick]>look in #300376624
    In the slim vaalorn kit you see a silk-wrapped veniom lockpick, a vultite lockpick, a kelyn lockpick, an opalescent glass jar, a veniom lockpick, a petrified tiger fang lockpick, a veniom lockpick, an invar-rimmed violet glass jar, a vaalin-bound red coral shard, a small veniom-bound armoire, a steel lockpick, a laje lockpick, an ora lockpick, a silver lockpick, a kelyn lockpick, a rolaren lockpick, an invar lockpick, a vaalin lockpick, a steel lockpick, an onyx-capped black vultite knife, a mithril lockpick, a copper lockpick, a golvern lockpick, a glaes lockpick and a dull gold coin.
    !s>
    --- Lich: 'sorter' has been stopped by tpick.
    --- Lich: sorter has exited.
    !s>
    [tpick: Putty remaining: 41]
    [tpick: Cotton balls remaining: 75]
    [tpick: Vials of acid remaining: 7]
    [tpick: Calibrating calipers.]
    --- Lich: sorter active.
    [tpick]>get my calipers
    You remove a set of gold filigree calipers etched with asymmetrical lines from in your locksmith's toolkit.
    !s>
    [tpick]>lmas calibrate my calipers
    Those calipers could not be more perfectly calibrated.  You should leave them alone.  You'll just mess them up.
    !s>

####################
    ####################
    Total boxes picked: 5920
    Total time picking: 228534.8 seconds
    Average time per box: 38.6 seconds
    ####################
    ####################

####################
    ####################
    Boxes remaining: 3
    Estimated time remaining: 115.8 seconds
    ####################
    ####################

[tpick: Resting until mind reaches 100%.]
    [tpick: Checking for traps.]
    [tpick]>incant 402
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Presence spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    You become aware of everyone near you...

You do not detect anything hidden or invisible.

You continue to feel much more aware of your surroundings.
    (Forcing stance down to guarded)
    !s>
    [ Presence: +0:05:00, 0:05:00 remaining. ]
    [tpick]>disarm #300656406
    You will need to have both hands free or be holding just the coffer for that.
    ;tpick does not attempt to stash your calipers before disarming. Also it should really be using detect instead of disarm, detect doesn't set off traps but disarm could.

edit: It also doesn't put your calipers away after measuring at all between boxes, not just on the initial calibrate.
    Last edited by sellstuff1; 09-09-2018 at 07:36 PM.