Page 85 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: My scripts

Can you adjust the formula then? I love ;tpick but I'd like to get as much xp as possible. :X

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Can you adjust the formula then? I love ;tpick but I'd like to get as much xp as possible. :X
    Are you suggesting MY formula is wrong? Why I never :O

Do we have a source for the formula? I got the formula from the Wiki and that's the formula still up on there. If there is a more recent accurate formula I'll use that one.

Maxlock uses
    Code:
    if Spells.minorelemental >= 3
    			this_lock.push((((Stats.level / 2) + (Skills.pickinglocks / 10) + (Stats.dex[1] / 2) + (Stats.int[1] / 2) + 30 + Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1]) * mod).round - 30)
    		else
    			this_lock.push((mod * (((Stats.level / 2) + (Skills.pickinglocks / 10) + (Stats.dex[1] / 2) + (Stats.int[1] / 2) + 30) / 2 + Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1])).round - 30)
    and that corroborates with ;pickerassistant's

Code:
    	def self.suggestPick(lockSize)
    		skillBonus = Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1];
    		multiplier = (((50 + lockSize.to_i.abs)/skillBonus.to_f) * 20).round / 20.0
    		if multiplier > 2.60
    			if(Spell[403].known?)
    				pick_lore = (Stats.level / 2) + (Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) / 10) + (Stats.dex[1]) + (Spells.minorelemental / 4)
    				pick_lore = Skills.pickinglocks if pick_lore > Skills.pickinglocks
    				multiplier = (((50 + lockSize.to_i.abs)/(skillBonus + pick_lore).to_f) * 20).round / 20.0
    			end
    			if multiplier > 2.60
    				return "You are not able to pick this lock."
    			else
    				suggestion = self.picks.select{ |x| x[1] >= multiplier}.first.first
    				return "I would recommend you use a " + suggestion + " lockpick or better AND locklore";		
    			end
    		end		
    		return "I would recommend you use a " + suggestion + " lockpick or better.";
    and both of those seem pretty accurate to me. If I follow their recommendations on lock size I don't break picks except on fumbles, and I get 4-5s RT for every lock I pick (which means maximum amount of XP). Current formula is definitely broken though if it wants me to use a lockpick 6 steps higher than the suggestion by both of these programs.

Thanks for looking into this!
    Last edited by sellstuff1; 09-02-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Maxlock uses
    Code:
    if Spells.minorelemental >= 3
    			this_lock.push((((Stats.level / 2) + (Skills.pickinglocks / 10) + (Stats.dex[1] / 2) + (Stats.int[1] / 2) + 30 + Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1]) * mod).round - 30)
    		else
    			this_lock.push((mod * (((Stats.level / 2) + (Skills.pickinglocks / 10) + (Stats.dex[1] / 2) + (Stats.int[1] / 2) + 30) / 2 + Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1])).round - 30)
    and that corroborates with ;pickerassistant's

Code:
    	def self.suggestPick(lockSize)
    		skillBonus = Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1];
    		multiplier = (((50 + lockSize.to_i.abs)/skillBonus.to_f) * 20).round / 20.0
    		if multiplier > 2.60
    			if(Spell[403].known?)
    				pick_lore = (Stats.level / 2) + (Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) / 10) + (Stats.dex[1]) + (Spells.minorelemental / 4)
    				pick_lore = Skills.pickinglocks if pick_lore > Skills.pickinglocks
    				multiplier = (((50 + lockSize.to_i.abs)/(skillBonus + pick_lore).to_f) * 20).round / 20.0
    			end
    			if multiplier > 2.60
    				return "You are not able to pick this lock."
    			else
    				return "I would recommend you use a " + suggestion + " lockpick or better AND locklore";		
    			end
    		end		
    		return "I would recommend you use a " + suggestion + " lockpick or better.";
    and both of those seem pretty accurate to me. If I follow their recommendations on lock size I don't break picks except on fumbles, and I get 4-5s RT for every lock I pick (which means maximum amount of XP). Current formula is definitely broken though if it wants me to use a lockpick 6 steps higher than the suggestion by both of these programs.

Thanks for looking into this!
    this_lock.push(((Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickingloc ks) + Stats.dex[1]) * mod).round - 30) -- This is ;maxlock's formula
    skillBonus = Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1]; -- This is ;pickerassistant's formula
    pick_skill = (Skills.to_bonus(Skills.pickinglocks) + Stats.dex[1]) -- This is ;tpick's formula

Really the only difference is ;maxlock calculates the pick modifier in the formula whereas the other two scripts do it elsewhere, but those all look the same too. The other difference is it looks like ;maxlock subtracts 30 from this value whereas the other two do not.

This is the 403 formulas:

If anything it looks like the person who wrote ;pickerassistant copied both formulas from ;tpick.

;pickerassistant gives different pick recommendations than tpick uses for boxes that are in the difficulty range of vaalin through veniom+lore, invar+lore, alum+lore, golvern+lore and kelyn+lore. I don't ever see tpick using veniom+lore, invar+lore, alum+lore, golvern+lore or kelyn+lore, it's either vaalin and lore or bust even with the correct settings. So, I might recommend looking into the calculations on ;tpick specifically for boxes around that relative difficulty.

What do you have for your lockroll setting?

Lock roll is set to 60

What is your lockpicking skill and dex bonus?

Picking Locks......................| 268 168
    Dexterity (DEX): 94 (32) ... 94 (32)

Okay found out what's going on.

This bit of code in ;tpick right here:

Code:
    						if (pick_skill) * 2.50 - lock + UserVars.tpick["lock_roll"].to_i < 100
    							needed_pick = UserVars.tpick["vaalin"]
    							needed_pick_id = $vaalin_lockpick_id
    							need_403 = "yes"
    So if we plug in your numbers, 268 lock pick skill + 32 dex bonus = 300 lockpicking skill.

Now when we do (300 * 2.50) - 715 (the highest lock possibility on an extremely well-crafted lock) + 60 (your lockroll number) we get a value of 95, since this value is lower than 100 the script says you need a vaalin lockpick + lock lore.

This is all working as intended. A lock roll value of 66 would have made the script forgo lock lore. This is probably happening because your lockpick skill is very close to the difficulty of the lock on the box.

If you think the script is being too cautious you could try upping the value of your lockroll number. It can be any number you want, even higher than 100.

So if you feel you can handle locks 50 points higher than it is now before using a higher lockpick or lore you can set the value to 110 for example.