Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: My scripts

Upon reading my instructions in ;tpick for the lock roll value I can see why people might be confused, I explained how it works very poorly, so poorly in fact I explained it wrong

Okay I uploaded a new version (version 88) that makes the lock roll setting work exactly how I have it described in the ;tpick settings window. So let's say you have the value set to 50, if you roll a 60 and didn't pick the lock then the script will automatically move on to the next lockpick.

The script still moves on to the next lockpick no matter what if you receive any of the "bad" messages, like bending your lockpick or not even getting a reading on it and etc.

Let me know if this new version of lock roll works properly.

Verson had an idea for a script and it sounded like a good one so here it is for all to enjoy!

Code:
    CharSettings['critter_info'] = Hash.new unless CharSettings['critter_info']
    critter_name = nil
    total_damage_done = 0
    current_target_id = nil
    target = nil

status_tags

while line = get
    	if line =~ /You focus your thoughts while chanting the mystical phrase for Heal\.\.\./
    		while line = get
    			if line =~ /You gesture at \<pushBold\/\>an? \<a exist\=\"(.*)\" noun=\".*\">(.*)\<\/a\>\<popBold\/\>\./
    				current_target_id = $1 unless (current_target_id)
    				critter_name = $2 unless (critter_name)
    				target = GameObj.npcs.find { |npc| npc.id == current_target_id }
    				CharSettings['critter_info'].store(critter_name, 1000000000) unless (CharSettings['critter_info'].include?(critter_name))
    			elsif line =~ /(\d+) points? of damage\!/
    				total_damage_done += $1.to_i
    				if target.status !~ /dead/
    					CharSettings['critter_info'].each { |key,value|
    						if key == critter_name
    							if ((total_damage_done + 1) == value)
    								echo "This critter's total health has to be #{total_damage_done}!"
    							end
    						end
    					}
    				end
    			elsif line =~ /You feel the magic of your spell rush away from you\.|You feel the magic of your spell depart\.|Roundtime/
    				break
    			end
    		end
    		if target.status =~ /dead/
    			CharSettings['critter_info'].each { |key,value|
    				if key == critter_name
    					if (total_damage_done < value)
    						(CharSettings['critter_info'].store(critter_name, total_damage_done))
    						(value = total_damage_done) if (total_damage_done < value)
    					end
    					echo "Lowest health observed for #{key} is #{value}"
    				end
    			}
    			critter_name = nil
    			total_damage_done = 0
    			current_target_id = nil
    			target = nil
    			echo "#{CharSettings['critter_info']}"
    		elsif target.status =~ /gone/
    			critter_name = nil
    			total_damage_done = 0
    			current_target_id = nil
    			target = nil
    			echo "Critter left before you could kill it. Disregarding data on this critter."
    		end
    	end
    end
    Since Heal/Harm/1101 does straight hitpoint damage with no crits it can be used to find the exact health of critters, albeit it will take a few casts to get the exact figure.

Lowest health observed for ice troll is 192
    rabid squirrel"=>56, "ice troll"=>192, "cold guardian"=>240

Basically the script keeps track of all of your harm damage on a critter and after the critter is dead it will compare the damage you just did to the damage you have on record for the critter. If the damage you just did is lower it updates the data for the critter and makes that the new health for the critter.

Since critters apparently have an exact number of health that doesn't change depending on their level then you can get the exact health they have. If you ever do 1 point of total damage less than the health information you have on record for said critter and the critter is still alive that must mean the number you have on record is how much health that critter has...because you know, one less health didn't kill it so, yeah. The script should inform you if his ever happens.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you want to use this script:

Script has no way of knowing if critter has already been hurt before you started attacking it and the script does not keep track of damage you do with other spells. Only use harm and make sure you're testing on fresh critters.
    You should probably TARGET the critter first and bind it in place so you can be sure you're casting at the exact same one over and over again and it doesn't move.

Change log for ;tpick:

Script now recognizes full names of lockpicks so if you have a copper lockpick and a mithril lockpick that both have short names of "black lockpick" but their longer names are different you can now use both lockpicks in the setup menu.

This change requires you to enter the full name of all of your lockpicks in the setup menu, not the beginning "a" or "an" though.

If using calipers or loresinging script will now measure the lock on a scales trapped box first instead of always using a vaalin lockpick

Script can now use those gnomish mechanical bracer thingies that can detect traps and uses the lockpicks stored inside them to pick boxes. Just be sure to fill out the name of your gizmo in the setup menu (bracers, vambraces, etc) and off the script goes! It will use the bracers to detect traps and if a trap is detected then the script will have you check for traps/disarm as usual, if no trap is detected then script jump straight to picking the box. Script will also turn the bracers as needed to find the correct lockpick it needs to pick your box. Script will always use your gnomish bracers as long as you have the setting filled out in the setup menu, no extra commands are needed. This should work for solo picking, ground picking, and picking other people's boxes.

A couple of things to note about this latest update:

1) I haven't tested the scales trap change yet. I was pretty gosh darn careful to go through the entire script to make sure it shouldn't open a scales trap before disarming it I suppose it's possible I missed something and you might go splat. I doubt it though. If you come across a scales trap and the script works fine let me know so everyone can rest easy. -- UPDATE I have used ;tpick to disarm/pick a couple of scales boxes now and it works perfectly.

2) Since I don't have a set of gnomish bracers I didn't test any of those features at all but it should work perfectly. Someone with those bracers test it out and let me know.

Also thanks to Galenblackbard for providing me with the messaging necessary to implement the gnomish bracers feature.

ETA: Someone suggested another feature that I went ahead and added in as well.

You can now use "disarm" as a command line variable to have script ONLY check for and disarm traps. This could be useful if you just want to make sure boxes are safe for a warrior who is doing guild reps. This feature only works with "ground" picking...disarming, whatever.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-28-2016 at 12:55 AM.

Another update to ;tpick:

Fixed some bugs introduced in the latest patch where the script was still using the old method of getting a vaalin lockpick by its name rather than it's ID, causing it to fail to find the lockpick.

Thanks!! The lockroll thingie works perfectly now, tested it on a couple of boxes.

Guild night reminded me that I made a few changes to ;warrior since it wasn't handling the top-level batter reps properly. I might have done some other things too? It's been a while.

https://gist.github.com/pflats/e5964...13ef/revisions

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
    Guild night reminded me that I made a few changes to ;warrior since it wasn't handling the top-level batter reps properly. I might have done some other things too? It's been a while.

https://gist.github.com/pflats/e5964...13ef/revisions
    Thank you, I went ahead and made the changes and uploaded the new version.

If anyone has the messaging you receive for when another player promotes you to your next rank can you please copy and paste it on over? Going to look into adding an option to get promoted from your partner so they can get the experience and fame and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Thank you, I went ahead and made the changes and uploaded the new version.

If anyone has the messaging you receive for when another player promotes you to your next rank can you please copy and paste it on over? Going to look into adding an option to get promoted from your partner so they can get the experience and fame and whatnot.
    <X> offers to promote you to your next rank in Disarm Weapon.
    You may accept or decline.
    >gld accept
    (You earn 200 exp. and 50 fame.)
    <X> promotes you to your next rank of Disarm Weapon. You now have <num> ranks of this skill!

Or, alternately: <x> promotes you to your next rank of Disarm Weapon. You have mastered the skill!

edit: other side of things:

>gld promote X in war
    You offer to promote <X>to her next rank in War Cries.

(wait for accept)

You promote <X> to her next rank of War Cries. <X> now has 5 ranks of this skill!
    (You earned 100 exp. and 50 fame.)
    Last edited by Gnomad; 03-30-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Uploaded another version of ;warrior that has an option to get promotions from your partner rather than the NPC guildmaster.

Someone needs to test this though because I didn't, but it should work.