Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: My scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Gibreficul View Post
    Where did you learn to make the GUIs? I just looked at tpick's GUI setup and it's really nice. I've dabbled with them, but I have no clue what I was doing. It was mostly just stealing code from other scripts with GUI and getting lucky on modifications. I can't seem to find any useful help or information about GTK online. Mostly, I have no clue what the parameters mean... the true/false, and the numbers that follow. Very frustrating.
    Honestly I stole most of the code from Bigshot and just changed and edited stuff around.

As for partner reps...I was more thinking a "watcher" script that scans LNet thoughts instead of whispers... Whispers might be easier, but LNet thoughts seem to be more powerful for people who are "otherwise occupied" when help is requested. (Shattered environment where say, the watcher script will pause/kill a hunt script, go to a location, do the reps, then unpause/restart the hunter.)
    That's a good idea. It would be nice if your partner doesn't want to just sit in a room waiting for you to need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Honestly I stole most of the code from Bigshot and just changed and edited stuff around.
    I looked at that code. I'm a "why" person. If I don't know why, it makes no sense, and I don't know why you need the false, 1, 3, 6 or whatever for the parameters. Maybe one day I'll find a good reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's a good idea. It would be nice if your partner doesn't want to just sit in a room waiting for you to need them.
    I actually have the framework for that done. I used it for a couple years to request picking service on IFW for my sorcerer in Shattered. I even had a part in there looking for rogues requesting guild help, but I never did finish that part.

Code:
    status_tags
    while x = get
    	unless x =~ /.*"thoughts".*?\[(GibsChannel|Private)\].*?(GSF|GSPlat|GSIV):(\w+)\: "(.*?)".*?/
    		next
    	else
    		channel = $1
    		game = $2
    		person = $3
    		mess = $4
    	end
    #	echo "#{channel}:  #{game}:  #{person}:  #{mess}"
    	next unless channel =~ /GibsChannel|Private/
    	next unless game == XMLData.game
    	next unless [$rogues, $my_group].flatten.include?(person)
    	if mess =~ /rogue guild/i && $rogues.include?(person)
    		echo "Guild summon"
    	end
    end
    status_tags
    Yeah, that's basically what I have so far (minus the picker summon shit, since it has no relevancy here.) Obviously, I have arrays set up elsewhere for $rogues and $my_group... but there's the framework.

In memory of Ken "Zzentar" Dumas.

Gibreficul

AIM = Lord Gibreficul

3. Default

I looked at that code. I'm a "why" person. If I don't know why, it makes no sense, and I don't know why you need the false, 1, 3, 6 or whatever for the parameters. Maybe one day I'll find a good reference.
    http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby%2FGTK

I'm not sure I'd call it a good reference, but it's what I use. If you're wanting to use something that has a particularly crappy or even missing description on that reference, it can be helpful to search for a Python GTK reference. The syntax will be somewhat different, but it's documented better.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Just uploaded a new version of Rogue. I didn't add too much to this version, mostly just cleaned up the script because all of the goto commands were bugging me.

I did add a setup menu so you no longer need to open the file itself to change the settings around. Currently only works in Solhaven, Landing and Icemule. If you want me to add another rogue guild to this script let me know and I'll tell you what information I need you to gather for me.

Currently automates all solo sweep, gambit, cheap shot and subdue tasks. Can also automate critter sweep tasks.
    In order to automate sweep, gambit and cheap shot partner reps you and your partner must have both this script and the "task" script.

Must do ;rogue setup and fill out the settings before running this script.

Type ;rogue for usage.

Type ;rogue sweep to automate solo sweep tasks. ;rogue sweep <partnername> for partner tasks.
    Type ;rogue gam to automate solo gambit tasks. ;rogue gam <partnername> for partner tasks.
    Type ;rogue cheap to automate solo cheap shot tasks. ;rogue cheap <partnername> for partner tasks.
    Type ;rogue sub to automate solo subdue tasks.
    Type ;rogue lmas to do lockmastery tasks. Doesn't do all lockmastery tasks.
    Typing ;rogue <sweep, gam, sub or lmas> will also turn in completed tasks to the NPC.
    Type ;rogue cal to calibrate your calipers.
    Type ;rogue wedge <number> to create specified number of wedges.
    Note: do not type GLD while script is running, it could make the script stop working.

For lock mastery it does the pit your skills against a footpad and most later tasks that come after the trap components.

Does this not work with stun maneuvers? Seems like that would be one of the easier ones to script.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    Does this not work with stun maneuvers? Seems like that would be one of the easier ones to script.
    Yeah but I started writing this script after I already mastered stun maneuvers :/

I'm pretty sure Gib's script does stun maneuvers though.

7. Default

grgguild is fantastic.

8. Default

Error message

--- Exception: string not matched
    rogue:225:in `[]='
    --- Lich: rogue has exited.

Trying to do gambits solo. The ;rogue setup won't close and the above errors triggers. I have tasks and line 25 of rogue is between your author credit, a blank line (25), and =end so nothing jumps out at me.
    Last edited by Geijon Khyree; 01-14-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Hmm. If you do ;settings list does it list the rogue setting on there somewhere?

It might not have saved your settings if you can't close the window.

10. Default

Double checked, filled it all out. It did not show up in ;settings list. I deleted both task and rogue (They had previously been trusted too) and I was going to re-download them, but it looks like you removed it for the time being.