Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1117

Thread: My scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    There are a few times when the script will ignore the Lock Roll setting:

If you're using a broken lockpick

If you're trying to open a plinite and get this message: "with the feeling that your abilities are probably not sufficient to retrieve the core"

If you receive one of the following messages:

You carefully try to work it free but end up bending the tip
    You carefully try to work it free, but it may have been weakened by the stress

Because these lines seem to indicate the current lockpick ain't cutting it.

Other than that though it should follow the Lock Roll setting.
    That's not what I'm seeing, unfortunately. This is with the Lock Roll set to 60:

[tpick: Recommended lock pick: invar with a modifier of 2.25]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty is higher than your 403 setting in setup menu, using 403.]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 400]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking lore: 112]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 1152]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 1100]
    [tpick]>get #261595013
    You detach a bone-handled dark invar lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick: Attempting to pick lock.]
    [tpick]>incant 403
    With a rush of mana, carnelian foxfire flares to life and engulfs your hands in an ethereal glow...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    A scintillating light surrounds your hands.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    >
    [ Lock Pick Enhancement: +0:01:57, 0:01:57 remaining. ]
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick toss #261651779
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your dark invar lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's coffer...
    You make a poor attempt (d100=37).
    You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    R>
    [tpick]>put #261595013 in #261595005
    You attach a bone-handled dark invar lockpick to a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with invar pick, trying alum pick.]
    [tpick]>get #261595012
    You detach a reinforced dark alum lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    You feel at full magical power again.
    >
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick toss #261651779
    With a quick toss, you send your dark alum lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's coffer...
    You make a talented attempt (d100=81).
    You struggle with the coffer. As you do, you get a sense that the coffer has an amazingly complicated lock (-1155 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!
    Roundtime: 4 sec.
    R>
    [tpick]>put #261595012 in #261595005
    You attach a reinforced dark alum lockpick to a vaalin-laced keyring.

Oh yeah, "You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it." is another line that the script ignores.

I'm assuming when I wrote that part of the script I figured that was a line indicating the chance of opening the lock with that pick was rather small too. Is that just a normal fail line?

Oh yeah, "You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it." is another line that the script ignores.

I'm assuming when I wrote that part of the script I figured that was a line indicating the chance of opening the lock with that pick was rather small too. Is that just a normal fail line?
    Yeah, it just means your roll wasn't good enough to get a tingle or a full read on it. A better roll would give you: You are not able to pick the lock, but you get a feeling that it is within your abilities.

And then above that you have a: You are not able to pick the box, but you get a sense that it has a very complex lock. About a -885 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo). (or whatever complexity & #).

And then above that it opens. I wanna say that it wasn't honoring my Lock Roll setting even on one where I got a read on the lock size, but I don't have a handy log of that.
    Last edited by Velfi; 12-29-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Okay uploaded a new version so the script will go by Lock Roll when getting this line: "You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I wanna say that it wasn't honoring my Lock Roll setting even on one where I got a read on the lock size, but I don't have a handy log of that.
    The first time you get the lock size via picking the lock the script will grab the appropriate lockpick for the job. Measuring with calipers isn't always accurate but from what I understand when you get a read while picking that number is accurate so the script will go by the new number.

It only does this the first time you get a read on a box though so if it's doing it more than once on the same box then that's a bug.

Okay uploaded a new version so the script will go by Lock Roll when getting this line: "You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it."

The first time you get the lock size via picking the lock the script will grab the appropriate lockpick for the job. Measuring with calipers isn't always accurate but from what I understand when you get a read while picking that number is accurate so the script will go by the new number.

It only does this the first time you get a read on a box though so if it's doing it more than once on the same box then that's a bug.
    It was already using the right lockpick for the box, my rogue is a grandmaster & gets accurate caliper readings (as long as they're maintained, natch).
    Last edited by Velfi; 12-29-2020 at 04:03 AM.

Okay actually, I just tried the new version and got a log of what I was talking about. Calipers measure at -1040, read is -1040, and it still chokes up after the first try:

[tpick]>lmaster measure #276495636
    >
    Using your professional calipers, you carefully begin to measure the lock...
    R>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be an extremely complex lock (-1040 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>
    [tpick]>put my calipers in #276256856
    You put a set of professional calipers in your locksmith's pouch.
    >
    [tpick: Recommended lock pick: veniom with a modifier of 2.2]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty is higher than your 403 setting in setup menu, using 403.]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 1126]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 1040]
    [tpick]>get #276256834
    You detach a silk-wrapped veniom lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick]>incant 403
    With a rush of mana, carnelian foxfire flares to life and engulfs your hands in an ethereal glow...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    >
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick toss #276495636
    With a quick toss, you send your veniom lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on a mithril Person's coffer...
    You make a lame attempt (d100=22).
    You are not able to pick the coffer, but you get a sense that it has an extremely complex lock. About a -1040 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).
    R>
    [tpick]>put #276256834 in #276256817
    You attach a silk-wrapped veniom lockpick to a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with veniom pick, trying invar pick.]
    [tpick]>get #276256830
    You detach an invar lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your invar lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on a mithril Person's coffer...
    You make a passable attempt (d100=42).
    You struggle with the coffer. As you do, you get a sense that the coffer has an extremely complex lock (-1040 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!

Okay actually, I just tried the new version and got a log of what I was talking about. Calipers measure at -1040, read is -1040, and it still chokes up after the first try:

[tpick]>lmaster measure #276495636
    >
    R>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be an extremely complex lock (-1040 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>
    >
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 1126]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 1040]
    [tpick]>get #276256834
    >
    [tpick]>incant 403
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your veniom lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on a mithril Person's coffer...
    You make a lame attempt (d100=22).
    You are not able to pick the coffer, but you get a sense that it has an extremely complex lock. About a -1040 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).
    R>
    >
    [tpick]>get #276256830
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your invar lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on a mithril Person's coffer...
    You make a passable attempt (d100=42).
    You struggle with the coffer. As you do, you get a sense that the coffer has an extremely complex lock (-1040 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!
    This might be fixed now. Or it might not be.

This might be fixed now. Or it might not be.
    With the latest version, it did work on one try with a read and attempted it again and got it. However, another one (not logged) tried again on a read, didnt get it on the 2nd roll but it was below the Lock Roll, and it went up a pick for the 3rd try. 2 other times, both with the Lock Roll at 75:

Code:
    [tpick]>lmaster measure #276880766
    R>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a very complex lock (-895 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>
    >
    [tpick: Recommended lock pick: alum with a modifier of 2.3]
    [tpick: Recommend 403: No]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 403]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 926]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 895]
    [tpick]>get #276388334
    You detach an alum lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick toss #276880766
    With a quick toss, you send your alum lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's strongbox...
    You make an adequate attempt (d100=58).
    Your lockpick gets stuck in the lock!  You carefully try to work it free but end up bending the tip!
    R>
    [tpick]>lmas repair my lockpick
    You carefully go about reshaping the alum lockpick, taking great care to provide the proper curvature to the tip.
    Roundtime: 9 sec.
    R>
    [tpick]>put #276388334 in #276256817
    You attach an alum lockpick to a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with alum pick, trying golvern pick.]
    [tpick]>get #276256827
    You detach a golvern lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your golvern lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's strongbox...
    You make a passable attempt (d100=45).
    You are not able to pick the lock, but you get a feeling that it is within your abilities.
    R>
    [tpick]>put #276256827 in #276256817
    You attach a golvern lockpick to a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with golvern pick, trying kelyn pick.]
    [tpick]>get #276256828
    You detach a slender kelyn lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your kelyn lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's strongbox...
    You make an adequate attempt (d100=56).
    You struggle with the strongbox.  As you do, you get a sense that the strongbox has a very complex lock (-905 thief-lingo difficulty ranking).  Then...CLICK!  It opens!
    Code:
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be an intricate lock (-810 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>

[tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 886]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 810]
    [tpick]>get #276256834
    >
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick toss #276903782
    With a quick toss, you send your veniom lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's box...
    You make a competent attempt (d100=65).
    You are not able to pick the box, but you get a sense that it has an intricate lock.  About a -800 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).
    [tpick]>get #276256830
    >
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your invar lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's box...
    You make a passable attempt (d100=48).
    You struggle with the box.  As you do, you get a sense that the box has an intricate lock (-800 thief-lingo difficulty ranking).  Then...CLICK!  It opens!

With the latest version, it did work on one try with a read and attempted it again and got it. However, another one (not logged) tried again on a read, didnt get it on the 2nd roll but it was below the Lock Roll, and it went up a pick for the 3rd try. 2 other times, both with the Lock Roll at 75:

Code:
    [tpick]>lmaster measure #276880766
    R>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a very complex lock (-895 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>
    >
    [tpick: Recommended lock pick: alum with a modifier of 2.3]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 926]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 895]
    [tpick]>get #276388334
    You detach an alum lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your alum lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's strongbox...
    You make an adequate attempt (d100=58).
    Your lockpick gets stuck in the lock!  You carefully try to work it free but end up bending the tip!
    R>
    [tpick]>lmas repair my lockpick
    You carefully go about reshaping the alum lockpick, taking great care to provide the proper curvature to the tip.
    Roundtime: 9 sec.
    R>
    [tpick]>put #276388334 in #276256817
    You attach an alum lockpick to a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with alum pick, trying golvern pick.]
    [tpick]>get #276256827
    You detach a golvern lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your golvern lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's strongbox...
    You are not able to pick the lock, but you get a feeling that it is within your abilities.
    R>
    [tpick]>put #276256827 in #276256817
    You attach a golvern lockpick to a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with golvern pick, trying kelyn pick.]
    [tpick]>get #276256828
    You detach a slender kelyn lockpick from a vaalin-laced keyring.
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your kelyn lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's strongbox...
    You make an adequate attempt (d100=56).
    You struggle with the strongbox.  As you do, you get a sense that the strongbox has a very complex lock (-905 thief-lingo difficulty ranking).  Then...CLICK!  It opens!
    Code:
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be an intricate lock (-810 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>

[tpick: Lock difficulty: 810]
    [tpick]>get #276256834
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your veniom lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's box...
    You make a competent attempt (d100=65).
    You are not able to pick the box, but you get a sense that it has an intricate lock.  About a -800 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).
    [tpick]>get #276256830
    >
    >
    With a quick toss, you send your invar lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top!  As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on Person's box...
    You make a passable attempt (d100=48).
    You struggle with the box.  As you do, you get a sense that the box has an intricate lock (-800 thief-lingo difficulty ranking).  Then...CLICK!  It opens!
    This is probably fixed now.

This is probably fixed now.
    Not a knock on you, but there was significant pucker factor letting a script take care of a scales trap for the first time, I must say. Fresh copy, Lock Roll of 75:

[tpick: Trap difficulty is: 381]
    [tpick: Your disarm skill is: 403]
    [tpick: Your total disarm skill with lore is: 515]
    [tpick: Highest trap you are willing to try is: 525]
    [tpick: Trap difficulty is higher than your setting in the setup menu for when to use Disarm Enhancement (404), going to use Disarm Enhancement (404).]
    [tpick: Found a scales trap.]
    [tpick: Scales trap found, picking lock first then disarming.]
    >
    [tpick: Measuring lock.]
    [tpick]>get my calipers
    You remove a set of professional calipers from in your locksmith's pouch.
    >
    [tpick]>lmaster measure #277031274
    R>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a fairly complicated lock (-760 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>
    >
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 760]
    [tpick]>get #276256834
    >
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick toss #277031274
    With a quick toss, you send your veniom lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on an enruned Person's chest...
    You are not able to pick the chest, but you get a sense that it has a fairly complicated lock. About a -770 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).
    R>
    >
    [tpick]>get #276256830
    >
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick toss #277031274
    With a quick toss, you send your invar lockpick popping into the air, whirling like a top! As it comes down, you easily snatch it from the air and begin to pick the lock on an enruned Person's chest...
    You make a poor attempt (d100=35).
    You struggle with the chest. As you do, you get a sense that the chest has a fairly complicated lock (-770 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!