Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals

Default Liberals

I want to ask a question of all you Liberals out there, because honestly this has been puzzling me for some time.
    From the posts that i have seen here, and from the media in general, and hell, damn near any Liberal i have ever
    spoken too, it seems that being a conservative means "your a fucking idiot, and your wrong no matter what you say".
    Now, I agree that i might be a tad old fashioned, and I'll even admit I don't like change too much, but an idiot I
    am not. There are values that i beleive in, that you might not agree with, but last time I checked, I still had the
    same rights to those beleifs and values as you do to yours. We might not agree on what they are, fine I can deal with
    that, no problem. It's America, we are not supposed to agree on everything.

But where exactly did it get decided that my values, my beleifs have no basis in "modern" society, and thus
    have to be stamped out, root and branch? Who was it that decided that love for your Country was a horrible thing to
    teach a child, and thus had no place in a schoolroom? Who was it that decided that personal responsability was wrong?
    Who was it that decided FOR me that the traditional definition of Family was wrong? Hmm? Why is it that if I want my
    child to be held responsible for his grades in school I get told "no, you can't do that, it might damage his Id to
    fail a test, or get a bad grade". Or worse yet, that there are no wrong answers. God i sincerely hope that the engineer
    that built the bridge I drive over doesn't follow this philosiphy, otherwise I am in a world of shit. All the time i
    hear from Liberals about how we can't "force" anyone to follow a beleif system, but yet, you force yours on me and my
    children "for our own good". It seems every time i open a newspaper, or watch the news, i hear about another lawsuit
    to do away with yet another part of my beleif system on the grounds that it somehow impacts your life profoundly or
    that it is just something you don't agree with, and thus, it has to go.

So I ask you, if it is so wrong of me to force my beleifs on you, why is it okay for you to force yours on me?
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung

"Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage." -- Sir Winston Churchill

Same reason why there appeared to be more violent protestors arrested at the RNC than the DNC?

Edited to add that although I've not seen any official numbers, the media gave that impression during many news casts as well as had more overall footage of protestor arrests at the RNC.

[Edited on 9-12-2004 by Ganalon]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

I dunno. One of my two best friends (besides my wife) votes Republican.

I guess I just see the hypocrisy present in a lot of the so called conservative ideals. I recently read a book by Pat Buchanan where he lambasts Bush for making the Republican party not actually fiscally conservative anymore.

Having seen the nasty reality of Communism, I think I'm definitely a patriot...but I'd like to still be able to exercise my civil rights as an American.

with that said... I see a lot of racism, hypocrisy, and meanness from many conservatives I encounter online...

and with media outlets like Fox, you definitely don't lack for news biased in the opposite direction.

You certainly have the right to your beliefs. But, from your other posts you seem pretty damn moderate.

On a lot of things, I suppose I don't even count as liberal though.

[Edited on 9-12-2004 by Warriorbird]

Slider,

Great post, I am forwarding this on to some conservative mailing lists I'm on. Once again, excellent questions. Lets hope Baklash cowboy's up and responds.

Love,

Psykos

Originally posted by Slider
    I want to ask a question of all you Liberals out there, because honestly this has been puzzling me for some time.
    From the posts that i have seen here, and from the media in general, and hell, damn near any Liberal i have ever
    spoken too, it seems that being a conservative means "your a fucking idiot, and your wrong no matter what you say".
    Now, I agree that i might be a tad old fashioned, and I'll even admit I don't like change too much, but an idiot I
    am not. There are values that i beleive in, that you might not agree with, but last time I checked, I still had the
    same rights to those beleifs and values as you do to yours. We might not agree on what they are, fine I can deal with
    that, no problem. It's America, we are not supposed to agree on everything.

But where exactly did it get decided that my values, my beleifs have no basis in "modern" society, and thus
    have to be stamped out, root and branch? Who was it that decided that love for your Country was a horrible thing to
    teach a child, and thus had no place in a schoolroom? Who was it that decided that personal responsability was wrong?
    Who was it that decided FOR me that the traditional definition of Family was wrong? Hmm? Why is it that if I want my
    child to be held responsible for his grades in school I get told "no, you can't do that, it might damage his Id to
    fail a test, or get a bad grade". Or worse yet, that there are no wrong answers. God i sincerely hope that the engineer
    that built the bridge I drive over doesn't follow this philosiphy, otherwise I am in a world of shit. All the time i
    hear from Liberals about how we can't "force" anyone to follow a beleif system, but yet, you force yours on me and my
    children "for our own good". It seems every time i open a newspaper, or watch the news, i hear about another lawsuit
    to do away with yet another part of my beleif system on the grounds that it somehow impacts your life profoundly or
    that it is just something you don't agree with, and thus, it has to go.

So I ask you, if it is so wrong of me to force my beleifs on you, why is it okay for you to force yours on me?
    Psykos

Stupid post,

Maybe the reason was because many blame Bush (RNC) for our problems, and the DNC doesn't have a current president in office? Moron.

Originally posted by Ganalon
    same reason why there were more violent protestors arrested at the RNC than the DNC?
    Psykos

Originally posted by Psykos
    Stupid post,

Maybe the reason was because many blame Bush (RNC) for our problems, and the DNC doesn't have a current president in office? Moron.
    Coming from you thats a compliment Psykos.

Thank you for demonstrating once again why I really try to avoid political threads due to folks attempting to bash the person instead of the opinion.
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.

Stupid opinions come from stupid people.
    Psykos

Might the reason have been that the RNC had by far a larger turn out of protestors than the DNC? Perhaps? Or the fact that so many Liberals are so vehemently opposed to Bush that they would vote in anyone to replace him? Seriously, it seems that even groups that don't agree with each other are working togethor to get him out of office. And while I may not agree with the way he has run things since the war ended, he has not done a lot of the things that he is constantly being accused of either.
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung

"Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage." -- Sir Winston Churchill

LOLOLOLZ.

I yield to your authority on that as one who knows most of all by experience.

And the responses are of course to the more flip post...