Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Krilzin/Adynai/ Eryjah/Saraphenia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Krilzin/Adynai/ Eryjah/Saraphenia

This isn't a complaint, it's a warning.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this guy.

He? goes by the names of Krilzin, Adynai, Eryjah, Seraphenia

Last week he singled out a friend of mine and proceeded to harass her with behavior that's bizarre enough that is has me worried about other peoples safety in game. Flame away if you want but I'd rather endure a few insults than to see someone get hurt IRL because of someone who is so obviously mentally unstable.

Over the course of the past two weeks he has;

Fixated on my friend even though she had a boyfriend in game and didn't appear interested. They've never dated or even shared a "moment" in game.

Grown livid that she went afk to check on her children (he felt it necessary to yell at and belittle her because of this)

Rolled a character that looked exactly like her, same race, same hair, same eyes. Then told her he was her brother and he wanted to have incest with her.

Told her he was coming into a lot of money soon and that one day he was going to show up on her doorstep unannounced two continents away.If you don't think that's creepy try to remember she has children.

Lied to my fiancee by telling her he saw my friend and I kissing.....to get back at her for some imaginary slight I am assuming.........who really knows when you're dealing with someone who's crazy?

Even more disturbing is that this behavior has crossed over from in game, to Ventrilo and Lnet and across multiple characters and accounts.

He cant seem to keep them separate or even know where to draw the line between roleplaying and harassment and in-game and IRL.

He always seems to target those who play females in the game. All of the ones Ive see are empaths and usually Aletoi as well.

Just now I saw him log in under Saraphenia (not hard to figure out when someone logs off on one character and another logs in immediately afterwards) and ask for healing.

He surprised the healer and everyone else by kissing her deeply.It was obvious from her reaction she didnt even know that particular character. The healer was so flustered she left two minutes after that.

He has been reported and the G.M's are aware of this extremely bizarre behavior but Im putting this out here because my conscience wont let me do otherwise.

If anyone else has had similar experiences with this person please post them here so we can warn others as well. As crazy as his actions are I'm not willing to bet my life or anyone else's that he's harmless or just some douchebag kid having fun in-game at others expense.

2. Default

If someone makes a character with an almost exact name as yours and you feel that it is with the intent of mocking/harassing you, then you should assist and make it known. Also, if you are having trouble with someone, make sure you use the WARN verb. Then, next time they fuck with you, you can point to that as evidence. It's like when someone tries to take out a restraining order on their insane ex boyfriend.. it doesn't keep the insane ex boyfriend from coming back to beat them up, but it does help get them put in prison faster.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

...unfortunately, your heart gives out a moment later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
    This isn't a complaint, it's a warning.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this guy.

He? goes by the names of Krilzin, Adynai, Eryjah, Seraphenia

Last week he singled out a friend of mine and proceeded to harass her with behavior that's bizarre enough that is has me worried about other peoples safety in game. Flame away if you want but I'd rather endure a few insults than to see someone get hurt IRL because of someone who is so obviously mentally unstable.

Over the course of the past two weeks he has;

Fixated on my friend even though she had a boyfriend in game and didn't appear interested. They've never dated or even shared a "moment" in game.

Grown livid that she went afk to check on her children (he felt it necessary to yell at and belittle her because of this)

Rolled a character that looked exactly like her, same race, same hair, same eyes. Then told her he was her brother and he wanted to have incest with her.

Told her he was coming into a lot of money soon and that one day he was going to show up on her doorstep unannounced two continents away.If you don't think that's creepy try to remember she has children.

Lied to my fiancee by telling her he saw my friend and I kissing.....to get back at her for some imaginary slight I am assuming.........who really knows when you're dealing with someone who's crazy?

Even more disturbing is that this behavior has crossed over from in game, to Ventrilo and Lnet and across multiple characters and accounts.

He cant seem to keep them separate or even know where to draw the line between roleplaying and harassment and in-game and IRL.

He always seems to target those who play females in the game. All of the ones Ive see are empaths and usually Aletoi as well.

Just now I saw him log in under Saraphenia (not hard to figure out when someone logs off on one character and another logs in immediately afterwards) and ask for healing.

He surprised the healer and everyone else by kissing her deeply.It was obvious from her reaction she didnt even know that particular character. The healer was so flustered she left two minutes after that.

He has been reported and the G.M's are aware of this extremely bizarre behavior but Im putting this out here because my conscience wont let me do otherwise.

If anyone else has had similar experiences with this person please post them here so we can warn others as well. As crazy as his actions are I'm not willing to bet my life or anyone else's that he's harmless or just some douchebag kid having fun in-game at others expense.
    Sounds irritating as hell and definitely isn't a worthwhile addition to your gaming experience but hopefully it won't REALLY transfer to real life. No one's given out too much RL personal information? Full real name, job, city/state?

Thankfully no....My friend did mention she lived in New Zealand but unless hes got a ton of money he isnt getting there from the states easily or cheaply.

Its probably nothing as you said but given such bizarre behavior Im not willing to bet on it.
    Last edited by Ravenwood; 01-05-2014 at 11:28 AM.

5. Default

if he does get there he should go see the glow worm caves, I hear they are awesome. Definitely on my list of places to go see.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

I'm gonna make an aelotoi female empath. Log everything. Call the operation "BaitStone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

7. Default

I have played GS since 1991. In that time, I have come across four or five players who didn't seem to understand the difference between the game and real life. One of these players had trouble understanding that my stealing silvers from him was not the same as stealing real life dollars. Another followed me around for weeks saying he wanted to marry me. One or two others had some really, really strange outbursts when things didn't go their way (in one case, because I wouldn't introduce him to a female friend I had in the game).

If you think you have encountered a player like this, you need to avoid that player as much as possible. Assisting and reporting are the correct actions if things get too strange or you feel that you are being harassed. If the problem continues, write feedback. Avoid attacking or casting offensive spells at the player except as a last resort (this includes spells like SILENCE and BIND), because then it will look like you are part of the problem, and this could further empower the player to bother you.

Good luck.

8. Default

and Candor could probably write a guide on PvP

Thanks guys all the advice is much appreciated.

10. Default

One last thing - my experience with the WARN verb with these types of players has been negative. It's not that the verb itself is a bad idea - it's just that players who don't fully understand that the game isn't real life seem to react very badly to the output of the verb.

Use your own judgement - this is just my personal experience.