Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Olden days at Helgas.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Olden days at Helgas.

TextText Blue

I wonder if any of the old group of Helgas Tavern still play. They were kind of good roleplayers. I will list them. Annaleesia, Tiffilynn, Smoketiger, Zonjaxonious, Isaboo, Vesiviuz, Drektor, Ostan, Wispie, Pinkpea, Vanur, Arthentite, Caitlyn there might be one or two others I am missing.

Anyway, to my point. Being around these people in Helgas was like watching an episode of 'As the World Turns'. With all the rumors, backstabbing, and "love" triangles. Ah gawds it was so funny. The cat fights were the best. The fur did fly when one of the wenches got territorial with her current "man".

The rumors and backstabbing was hot and juicy lemme tell ya. Lets see, we had the Tiffilynn, Annalessia, and Smoketiger triangle. Then we had the Wispie, Drektor, Annaleesia triangle. Then we hand the Ostan, Wispie, Tiffilynn triangle. Then we had the Tiffilynn, Annaleesia, Arthentite triangle. And the Isaboo, Tiffi, and Smoketiger triangle. I guess the wenches passed themselves around a lot eh? It was always exciting. The girls were kind of nice to each other in person but when one left the other would talk some trash about the other.

Smoketiger and Tiffilynn were married but he was doing Isaboo on the side. That was funny. Then, Ostan supposedly cheated on Wispie with Tiffilynn. Then Drektor and Anna had a thing. I could go on. Anyhoo most of these people have left the game, unfortunately. I miss those characters they were soo FUN! Heh Heh. Or have they left? Maybe they just rerolled? Who are they now? Anyone know? If so please post who they are cus they are an interesting bunch! They amazingly stayed in character and did not attack each other in a personal way.:flamed::flamed:

[Edited on 5-13-2003 by GS4Gurl]

Yeah, I'm bumping a 5 year old thread. Big whoop. Gonna cry about it?

Seeing a post from a good old friend I have to throw in my reminiscing about Helga's, too. I very much enjoyed hangin' out at old Helga's back in 2000-2001. I've never found a comparable resting spot that was as good as that one. After just coming back recently, one of the things I miss most from the old days is not having the activity there. Thorngrim made me feel welcome there even when I first stepped in as a total noob. I'm pretty sure I probably had to ask him how to drink my grog, heh.

- Tyrath

the epicness is the bumping of a thread that was already a nostalgia thread..even if no one cared then...

You double nostalgia you lose
    Jessica the Wizard Eats a Third Horse https://amzn.to/31S6WoG

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvn View Post
    the epicness is the bumping of a thread that was already a nostalgia thread..even if no one cared then...

You double nostalgia you lose
    I double nostalgia I lose? If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that sentence, I'd have one nickel. What the heck are you talking about?

5. Default

I recall hanging out with that group on my character's Ryco and Ryse.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LordAngrave View Post
    I recall hanging out with that group on my character's Ryco and Ryse.
    I remember Rico and Ryse.

Epic bump is epic.

Helga's was an awesome resting spot back in the day. Shenanigans all over the place, there was almost always something going on. I remember most of the names listed, but I'm pretty sure all of them are gone now, at least as those characters.

It seemed like it instantly turned to shit when they redid the layout. It was probably already going downhill by then anyway though.

I usually pop in there real quick whenever I'm in the Landing, but it's literally been years since I've done so and actually saw anyone inside.

I remember on my first day playing GS in like '97, I went in there and someone tried to offer me money to go to the treehouse and kill Siwas. Never knew why. Think I haggled him up to 10k, he paid me half up front, then I saw the Lady title on Siwas and was like, "Damn I bet this person will fuck me up." So I walked to the bank, dumped my coins and went rat hunting.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-25-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Wondering if any of Wispie's friends (or not so friends) are still around. Thinking about popping in for a bit while waiting for catalysm.

-Bardess

I really do miss the chaos that were the mid and late 90s. I, actually, miss not knowing nearly as much as I do about combat, DF tables, mechanics, etc. The entire experience of playing GS was this odd mashing of wonderment, frustration, and sweet sweet exhilaration from selling rat pelts and squirrel tails.
    No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it provides, it can never take the place of volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danical View Post
    The entire experience of playing GS was this odd mashing of wonderment, frustration, and sweet sweet exhilaration from selling rat pelts and squirrel tails.
    ^
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible