Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spif FE, another frontend thing.

Default Spif FE, another frontend thing.

I'm a web developer and I wanted to play around with Chrome Web Apps and Angular JS so what better way than to waste my time writing yet another FE?!

It's a Chrome web application which means you have to have Chrome. It also requires Lich to be ran in detachable mode. Instructions are given on starting up the app.

Here's the Chrome web store link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nnefnnhllmbjhm

It's currently being updated so wait until the version changed to 0.4 (or higher, if you read this later). Once you install it chrome will update it automatically.

There's a lot of stuff missing that I'm slowly getting to but I've been using it most of the night okay so I figured I'd throw it out there for some early bug squishing.

*EDIT* New pics, v0.3.0 in the works.

Last edited by SpiffyJr; 12-03-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

What do you mean by running lich in detatchable mode? Pardon my ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

Start the web app and it will give you instructions.

Do you happen to have a Git repo of this?

I started working on one myself awhile ago with Brunch/Backbone except it was a web-based so you could run it on your home network and had hoped to make a mobile/tablet friendly version, but got distracted by work before I felt it was stable enough for release.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Pretty nice. I was hoping it would be a full front end that could run in ChromeOS. But still super cool.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by m444w View Post
    Do you happen to have a Git repo of this?

I started working on one myself awhile ago with Brunch/Backbone except it was a web-based so you could run it on your home network and had hoped to make a mobile/tablet friendly version, but got distracted by work before I felt it was stable enough for release.
    I do but it's currently private. I"ll make it public once it's a bit more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheet View Post
    Pretty nice. I was hoping it would be a full front end that could run in ChromeOS. But still super cool.
    This is possible if you don't want to use Lich. The other option is to run Lich on a remote server and connect through it but none of the GUI's (narost, sbounty, sloot) will work.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    I do but it's currently private. I"ll make it public once it's a bit more stable.
    That'd be appreciated.

You inspired me last night so I sat down and worked on my network capable version of an HTML front-end.

If anyone wants to try it out, it should be stable (I scripted back and forth from Solhaven to the Landing and went hunting for an hour or so last night using it).

Someone is probably asking why did I bother?
    * Ability to access the same character from multiple computers simultaneously if you run it on a device that is reachable on your network
    * Future ability to share a character so that friends can run white-listed utility scripts
    * I wanted to polish my regex skills

Known bugs:
    * don't leave it open forever or it will crash your browser because it currently doesn't remove old game lines from the console

https://github.com/ondreian/garmr
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Updated with a new version screenshot in the main post.

With the new version I am not getting any instructions FYI.

Edit: Can you also look into enabling control+shift+N for ChromeOS support to open multiple copies of the app?
    Last edited by Buckwheet; 12-10-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Chris