Thread: House of Paupers Solstice Ornament Design contest

Lightbulb House of Paupers Solstice Ornament Design contest

Listen up, Paupers members! It's time to design our ornament for the CHE Solstice Tree, and as usual, Paupers is looking to its membership to design our ornament. Here are this year's rules:
    • Entrants must be a member of Paupers.
    • You may submit more than one design, but only one prize-winning design will be selected per member/e-mail address.
    • Judging will be completed by the Paupers Officers based on the entry submitted.
    • The Officers of Paupers will make every attempt to keep the winning design fully intact, but it is subject to minor edits by the Officers before submission to the CHE guru, and subject to any edits the CHE guru may require.
    • Entries must be submitted to HouseofPaupers@gmail.com and be timestamped by 11:59pm ET on November 3. Late entries or entries submitted by any other means will not be considered.
    • Cash prizes must be collected by 12/31/13 or they will be forfeited. The Officers will make every attempt to find the winners to distribute the prizes.

And here are this year's prizes!
    • 1st place: Design is used as Paupers' 5113 (2013) Solstice Ornament and hung on the CHE Solstice Tree, + 500k silvers
    • 2nd place: 250k silvers
    • 3rd place: 125k silvers

If there are any questions, you know the drill.. post here, PM me or another officer, email HouseofPaupers@gmail.com, find us in game.

I've heard that Paupers is now being run by Thond and Whirlin and gaining power faster than the mob during prohibition. A group of Untouchables needs to be formed to bring them down.

Retired accounts/chars:
    Durgrimst
    Sheikh

A gaudy snowflake constructed from miniature crystal longbows

Retired accounts/chars:
    Durgrimst
    Sheikh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by senorgordoburro View Post
    A gaudy snowflake constructed from miniature crystal longbows
    So that's pretty much the best design ever created, and would most definitely win if I had my choice... but you've gotta submit it the right way' via e-mail... Since this is posted on officials, lnet, amu-net, login messages, criers, direct [Send] messages from GMs, and potentially via the bow network, and I think some critters have been altered so that it's their death message, but regardless, it's hard to keep track of all the entries everywhere, so we're looking for a single point of consolidation via the e-mail address.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Bumpity bump! Submissions are due by 11:59pm ET TOMORROW (Sunday). As Whirlin said above, any ornament ideas submitted somewhere OTHER than by email to HouseofPaupers @ gmail.com WILL NOT be considered.

I've seen a few come in already, so if you think you can win.. get your email over to us!

6. Default

Quick question: One entry per account or one entry per character in Paupers?
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

One potential win per character in Paupers PER EMAIL ADDRESS. You can send in multiple entries per character and/or email address, but if the email address submits multiple entries, only one will be eligible for a prize. If you have multiple characters in Paupers and want each of them to be eligible for a prize, the submissions have to come from different email addresses. (We officers don't know what characters are on what play.net account and want to minimize the possibility of one player getting multiple prizes as much as possible. SPREAD THE WEALTH!)

8. Default

You see a red-green ornament made of some unidentifiable material crushed into a circular ball of mush. It smells like a cross between a kobold refuse pile and a huge dwarven fart.

What do I win?

If it's not emailed to HouseofPaupers @ gmail.com by 11:59pm ET tonight.. You win ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! HOORAY!!

It's a little bit late, but it's time to announce the winners!

In first place we have... Nairena! Congratulations!

In second place is... Oriehn! Again, Congratulations!

Thank you both for such great designs. Tolwynn will be on the lookout for you to distribute your prizes, or look for any of your officers (Tolwynn, Whirlin, Thondalar, Riros, or Traiva).

We hope everyone will come to the Solstice Tree next month to Oooh and Aaah over Paupers' ornament!