Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tpick issue

Quote Originally Posted by Khelbaen View Post
    Does the newest version work with tier 2 gnomish bracers? Had issues in the past where it wouldn't spin to the correct lockpick in the past.
    I didn't change anything in regards to gnomish bracers, what does tier 2 do differently than tier 1?

i honestly dont know the difference, will break out the bracer later and get back to you about outcome.

ran into this issue with a sphere trap, successful disarm, but triggered a failed disarm response in the script.

[tpick: Attempting to disarm trap.]
    [tpick]>disarm #303789984
    Having discovered a trap on the trunk you begin to carefully attempt to disarm it...

You feel like you've made an excellent attempt.

With utmost care, you slip your vaalin sliver into the lock and gently nudge the tiny gem until it begins to work loose and its inner glow begins to fade. Another moment of prodding, and you are able to poke the gem free of its metal housing, whereupon it falls down into the lock mechanism and out of sight.
    Roundtime: 24 sec.
    R>
    [tpick: Couldn't disarm trap, trying again.]

i honestly dont know the difference, will break out the bracer later and get back to you about outcome.

ran into this issue with a sphere trap, successful disarm, but triggered a failed disarm response in the script.

[tpick: Attempting to disarm trap.]
    [tpick]>disarm #303789984
    Having discovered a trap on the trunk you begin to carefully attempt to disarm it...

You feel like you've made an excellent attempt.

With utmost care, you slip your vaalin sliver into the lock and gently nudge the tiny gem until it begins to work loose and its inner glow begins to fade. Another moment of prodding, and you are able to poke the gem free of its metal housing, whereupon it falls down into the lock mechanism and out of sight.
    Roundtime: 24 sec.
    R>
    [tpick: Couldn't disarm trap, trying again.]
    This bug had to do with your lockpick being a sliver instead of a lockpick. Uploaded a fix.

brought out the old tier 2 gnomish bracer...couple of things:

1) in order for the script to rub the bracer to search for traps the occasions of (gnomish_bracers) && (bracers_tier == 2) need to be changed to (gnomish_bracers) && (bracers_tier == "2")
    2) after a trap is detected with the bracer the script tries to disarm it, perhaps it should detect it first to get a read/type of trap then move to disarm phase
    3) after a successful disarm or a no trap read on the bracer the script will spin the bracer once...then hang:

[tpick]>put my calipers in my toolkit
    You put a set of professional calipers in your locksmith's toolkit.
    >
    [tpick: Recommended lock pick: invar with a modifier of 2.25]
    [tpick: Recommend 403: No]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 215]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 483.75]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 435]
    [tpick]>turn my vambrace
    You spin your mithril vambrace, causing its iron gears to whirl. From its interior a silver casing containing an opalescent ora lockpick rotates up to the top position.

hangs after the first spin.
    Last edited by Khelbaen; 09-10-2018 at 03:07 PM.

also, in the gnomish bracer field of the setup it says to enter the bracer type followed by the tier with a space (type, tier). this does not work in my testing, you need to eliminate the space between the type and the tier. (type,tier)

brought out the old tier 2 gnomish bracer...couple of things:

1) in order for the script to rub the bracer to search for traps the occasions of (gnomish_bracers) && (bracers_tier == 2) need to be changed to (gnomish_bracers) && (bracers_tier == "2")
    2) after a trap is detected with the bracer the script tries to disarm it, perhaps it should detect it first to get a read/type of trap then move to disarm phase
    3) after a successful disarm or a no trap read on the bracer the script will spin the bracer once...then hang:

[tpick]>put my calipers in my toolkit
    You put a set of professional calipers in your locksmith's toolkit.
    >
    [tpick: Recommended lock pick: invar with a modifier of 2.25]
    [tpick: Recommend 403: No]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 215]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 483.75]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 435]
    [tpick]>turn my vambrace
    You spin your mithril vambrace, causing its iron gears to whirl. From its interior a silver casing containing an opalescent ora lockpick rotates up to the top position.

hangs after the first spin.
    Fixed number 1, no clue about number 3.

is there a way to edit the script to remove the picking function of the gnomish bracer and only use it for the trap detection piece? would still be valuable to never miss a trap again.

Does anyone have a working tpick that i can download or get emailed to me? I know ive been gone a while and that i know very little about picking but i can not get this script to work.
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    Does anyone have a working tpick that i can download or get emailed to me? I know ive been gone a while and that i know very little about picking but i can not get this script to work.
    The one on the repo should work. How is it not working?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    Current tpick should work just fine.

Make sure you're using ;tpick setup and all that jazz