Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tpick issue

This actually worked and did disarm a trapped box so that was good. (thanks)! It couldnt find a few of my picks but i think i can work with that. It could not find my caliper 3 times so it exited. In the tpick setup, i have Calibrate on Startup set to no, so it would skip calibrating and then Calibrate Count is set to 999, which setup says to set to 999 to never calibrate.

Im really not sure this is for someone with little to no LM. I have never measured a lock. In the old days people would tell me (until i got good enough to never ask) where the box was from and i knew based on experience what pick to use. Course i almost always used the best pick available because i hated to miss and make the customer wait longer than needed.

Since i have been back, the worker in the tower tells you what critter and level the box is from so after several hundred boxes, you know what picks work on what box so when i see a level 50 box, i take out the right pick. Same for a level 20 or a level 106. I am my own caliper, as it were. The way i see tpick working, is since i have no LM and no calipers, it will always use my best pick and thereby negating any exp advantage. Ill get 10 exp on a level 20 lock using a vaalin pick or ill get 90 exp on a level 80 lock with the same pick. Unless i select picks manually, i dont see tpick working for me. Course, i could be mistaken since i really havent seen it work 100% yet.
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    This actually worked and did disarm a trapped box so that was good. (thanks)! It couldnt find a few of my picks but i think i can work with that. It could not find my caliper 3 times so it exited. In the tpick setup, i have Calibrate on Startup set to no, so it would skip calibrating and then Calibrate Count is set to 999, which setup says to set to 999 to never calibrate.

Im really not sure this is for someone with little to no LM. I have never measured a lock. In the old days people would tell me (until i got good enough to never ask) where the box was from and i knew based on experience what pick to use. Course i almost always used the best pick available because i hated to miss and make the customer wait longer than needed.

Since i have been back, the worker in the tower tells you what critter and level the box is from so after several hundred boxes, you know what picks work on what box so when i see a level 50 box, i take out the right pick. Same for a level 20 or a level 106. I am my own caliper, as it were. The way i see tpick working, is since i have no LM and no calipers, it will always use my best pick and thereby negating any exp advantage. Ill get 10 exp on a level 20 lock using a vaalin pick or ill get 90 exp on a level 80 lock with the same pick. Unless i select picks manually, i dont see tpick working for me. Course, i could be mistaken since i really havent seen it work 100% yet.
    You pretty much have the gist of it. ;tpick relies on you having enough LM ranks to use calipers, otherwise you start the script as ;tpick v to always use a vaalin lockpick as a rogue.

I created ;tpick years before the worker was even a thing so knowing the level of the critter the box came from wasn't an option unless the customer or the rogue using ;tpick knew that information.

I suppose I could make it so ;tpick can use the level information from the worker to decide which lockpick to use.

That might be interesting, but these days how many people besides me might use it?
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    That might be interesting, but these days how many people besides me might use it?
    Not sure. I'm sure there are some non-rogues and non-bards out there that use ;tpick

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I suppose I could make it so ;tpick can use the level information from the worker to decide which lockpick to use.
    Went ahead and made these changes. More information can be found here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...68#post2203268