Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: sbounty guide thingy

You have been tasked to recover a ruby and sapphire-inset ring that an unfortunate citizen lost after being attacked by an Ithzir adept in Old Ta'Faendryl. The heirloom can be identified by the initials OO engraved upon it. Hunt down the creature and LOOT the item from its corpse.
    Chris

anyone else having problems with sbounty lately? I noticed there was an update the other day and now it doesn't seem to recognize any of my bounty locations. Any help?

edit: just reverted to an old copy and is working fine now. not sure what the update was, but it wasn't working properly for me.
    Last edited by ROTOR; 01-13-2014 at 12:25 PM.

3. Default

Any way we can share locations? I'm sure someone has already set up all of the areas i'm setting up, and i'm quite lazy

4. Default

Rogue - Ta'Illisitm - ;sloot

All of my Dangerous Creature tasks have worked flawlessly. Along with Rescue Child, Skinning, and Cull Critters. I'm having problems with both heirloom tasks. I originally thought it may have had to do with my looting script setup, but everything worked perfect when the front gate guard disappeared in Illy yesterday and we had to use the postern gate guard.

As a side note...It must have been fate for Kips to land in Illy yesterday as he was able to bless the folks there with a line of code to patch the ;go2 targets list. If you missed it, the code is: ;e Room[714].tags.push('advguard'); Room[37].tags.delete('advguard'); Map.save;. This line of code setup the Postern Gate Guard to be the alternative when the front one went missing.

Here is what happens when Orinelly has looted the heirloom from a creature and approaches the Front Gate guard for turn in:

(I accidently cut the log, and then cut something else & saved/closed the log...Will edit when it happens again shortly)

I've had to uncheck the "search for heirloom" tasks as ;sloot will not pickup the heirloom. I have to run back and manually get the heirloom off the ground. I'm going to try unchecking "Self Loot Only" within ;sloot setup to see if that makes a difference. Please chime in if that is a known issue.

Thanks Spiff for all that you do, you've made some great additions to the community!
    Last edited by bnapy; 01-30-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    Player of Orinelly and a few others...

Quote Originally Posted by ROTOR View Post
    anyone else having problems with sbounty lately? I noticed there was an update the other day and now it doesn't seem to recognize any of my bounty locations. Any help?

edit: just reverted to an old copy and is working fine now. not sure what the update was, but it wasn't working properly for me.
    Would you be willing to share this old copy? Something broke a while back and I am not exactly sure what it was but it stopped recognizing my hunting area.

"area"=>"Old Ta'Faendryl", is what is showing in my settings for the character, it works fine in Nelemar.

When I run either the old version I had or the newer version through a regex site they get matches just fine.

task_dangerous' => 'You have been tasked to hunt down and kill a particularly dangerous (.*) that has established a territory (?:in|on|near) (?:the )?(.*)(?:\s(?:near|between|under)|\.)\s+You can',

'task_dangerous' => 'You have been tasked to hunt down and kill a particularly dangerous (.*) that has established a territory (?:in|on) (?:the )?(.*)(?:\s(?:near|between|under)|\.)\s+You can',

All that happens is that it runs this:

Code:
    get_bounty_location = proc {
        location = target = nil

# remove search only locations for hunting areas
        locations = CharSettings[:locations].dup
        if is_bounty.call ['task_skin', 'task_heirloom', 'task_dangerous', 'task_cull', 'task_rescue']
            locations.delete_if { |name, data| data[:enable_search_only] }
        end

if bounty? =~ /#{bounty_patterns['task_skin']}/
            # remember: don't swap the order or the global $ vars are lost!
            target   = $3.strip.downcase
            skin     = $2.strip.downcase.gsub(/s$/, '').gsub(/teeth/, 'tooth')
            location = locations.find { |name, data| $SBOUNTY_CLEAN_TARGETS.call(data[:targets]).find { |t| target =~ /#{t}/i } and data[:skins].find { |s| skin =~ /#{s.strip.downcase}/i }}
        else    
            bounty_patterns.each { |key,value|
                if bounty? =~ /#{value}/i
                    target   = $1
                    location = $2

break
                end
            }

location = locations.find { |name, data| location.downcase.strip =~ /#{data[:location].strip}/i and $SBOUNTY_CLEAN_TARGETS.call(data[:targets]).find { |t| target =~ /#{t}/i } }
        end

if location
            name = location[0].dup
            data = location[1].to_hash.dup

if target
                targets = data[:targets].dup
                cleaned = $SBOUNTY_CLEAN_TARGETS.call(data[:targets])
                index   = cleaned.index { |t| target =~ /#{t}/i }
                target  = targets[index]

if is_bounty.call 'task_provoked' and target !~ /ancient|grizzled/i
                    new_target = "(?:ancient|grizzled).*#{cleaned[index].split(' ').last}".downcase
                    targets[target.index(target)] = new_target
                    target = new_target
                end
            end

if data[:enable_bounty_only]
                targets = [ target ]
            end
            data[:targets] = targets

[name, data]
        else
            print.call 'could not find bounty location'
            nil
        end
    }
    And says it can not find the bounty location. It just doesn't make much sense because the settings are correct and if you ask the script to respond you get:

OTF
    targetswar griffinlocationOld Ta'Faendrylroom11842skinstalonenable_search_onlyfa lseboundaries1181311905118661191111858119911190012 05411967119491204611989enable_bounty_onlytrueenabl e_hunting_rotationtrue
    Chris

If you haven't updated ;sbounty-bigshot you should probably do so. I added another method to make sbounty more accessible for other hunting scripts.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    If you haven't updated ;sbounty-bigshot you should probably do so. I added another method to make sbounty more accessible for other hunting scripts.
    Updated that and now sbounty returns the following error:

>;sbounty
    --- Lich: sbounty active.
    --- Exception: wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)
    sbounty:573:in `index'

If I remove war griffin as the only target and replace it with seer then it says it can't find the bounty location and removes it. Which makes sense because I don't have anything setup for the war griffin. If I then replace seer with just griffin I still get the above error.

Here are my general settings:

"primary"=>true, "herb"=>false, "bounty_critter_only"=>true, "lone_targets_only"=>false, "resting_commands"=>"wear shield", "resting_room_id"=>"13362", "wand"=>"", "invalid_targets"=>"", "signs"=>"", "hunting_room_id"=>"11842", "hide_for_ammo"=>false, "use_wracking"=>true, "rest_till_spirit"=>"9", "hunting_commands_b"=>"719 target(XX)", "monitor_interaction"=>false, "rest_till_mana"=>"75", "hunting_commands_c"=>"", "hunting_commands"=>"711 target,711 target,705 target (xx)", "wracking_spirit"=>"9", "targets"=>"war griffin", "hunting_boundaries"=>"11813,11905,11866,11911,118 58,11991,11900,12054,11967,11949,12046,11989", "area"=>"Old Ta'Faendryl", "dead_wand_container"=>"", "ammo"=>"", "fresh_wand_container"=>"", "rest_till_exp"=>"75", "spam"=>false, "depart_switch"=>false, "dead_man_switch"=>false, "ammo_container"=>"", "disable_commands"=>"", "wand_if_oom"=>false, "encumbered"=>"", "fried"=>"100", "hunting_prep_commands"=>"rem shield"}
    It is the only hunting ground I have currently setup.
    Last edited by Buckwheet; 02-20-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    Chris

I see there was an update on the 24th. However I continue to get the error above.
    Chris

9. Default

The problem is that Ruby 1.8 doesn't allow the index method to use a block, and this code was written on something later than Ruby 1.8. It can be fixed by replacing line 573 which should be:

index = cleaned.index { |t| target =~ /#{t}/i }

with:

index = cleaned.index(cleaned.find { |t| target =~ /#{t}/i })

Probably.. I didn't test it.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Stupid Ruby.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++