Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: sbounty guide thingy

it's not even attempting to pick it up

There shouldn't be any commands in pre-search or post-search. Can you post a snippet of you searching and not picking up the heirlooms?

hmm... having trouble with posting the snip... again, it never attempts to pick the item up.... oh well... works on my other characters

4. Default

Just had this happen:

You search the Neartofar orc.
    You discard the orc's useless equipment.
    He didn't carry any silver.
    Interesting, he carried a solid moonstone cube on him.
    You spy a bloodstone studded hair pin, which looks like the heirloom that you are searching for!
    He also left an ayanad crystal behind.
    He had nothing else of value.
    --- Lich: 'bigshot' has been stopped by sbounty.
    [sloot]>get #126593523
    A Neartofar orc collapses into a pile of dust.
    --- Lich: bigshot has exited.
    >
    You pick up an ayanad crystal.
    >
    [sloot]>put my crystal in #126426089
    You put an ayanad crystal in your black leather pack.
    >
    [sloot]>get #126593522
    You pick up a bloodstone studded hair pin.
    >
    [sloot]>put my pin in #126426089
    You put a bloodstone studded hair pin in your black leather pack.
    >
    [sloot]>get #126593521
    You pick up a solid moonstone cube.
    >
    [sloot]>put my cube in #126426089
    You put a solid moonstone cube in your black leather pack.
    >
    [sloot]>get #126593519
    >
    You pick up an orc knuckle.
    >
    [sloot]>put my knuckle in #126426089
    You put an orc knuckle in your black leather pack.
    >
    --- Lich: sloot has exited.
    [sbounty: ** failed to find a hunting area]
    --- Lich: sbounty has exited.

I'm not sure why it failed to find a hunting area, as it JUST finished the heirloom task. Rest area is set properly i believe. What would cause this? This is my setup:

Capture.jpgCapture2.jpg

5. Default

Okay, I just picked this up and I'm still really new here so bear with me. I'm sort of confused as to how the setup goes for this. I've been gone from GS for nearly 2 decades and the entire bounty system is new in general.

If I read correctly, then this script is supposed to auto populate some of the fields to allow for automation of bounties... I'm confused as to what steps I take, exactly, to setup this script for the assortment of bounties at WL.

Pardon if I'm being dense, but I'd appreciate if someone could humor a noob.

a.) After creating a location and selecting it from the dropdown box, I'm really not sure what to do after that. Should I just go about this like in bigshot, defining everything in the rest of the fields myself in order for the script to function?

Ex: I have a heirloom bounty in Graendlor Pasture. I need to hunt through critters until I find some random trinket, then return it. I created the location named for the bounty for ease of understanding, but then not sure about the rest, or how the script functions via the menu. Am I supposed to enter in the skins I might pick up in the area, targets myself? I figure the room # and boundaries are something I should personally define, as per what I could gather from the guide, but after that I'm a bit unsure.

The resting/hunting is fairly comprehensible for me, and I have a pretty firm grasp on bigshot. I'm just a little confused on how this script operates, and the fact that I'm startlingly green after being gone so long doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaroath View Post
    Just had this happen:

I'm not sure why it failed to find a hunting area, as it JUST finished the heirloom task. Rest area is set properly i believe. What would cause this? This is my setup:
    This error happens when you are below your turn in exp and don't have a hunting area set. For example, your "Turn in at 95%" means you only turn in at MUST REST. If your EXP is below that, it will try to hunt. That means you need to have an area with the "in hunting rotation" box checked.

Quote Originally Posted by JendrykGaming View Post
    Okay, I just picked this up and I'm still really new here so bear with me. I'm sort of confused as to how the setup goes for this. I've been gone from GS for nearly 2 decades and the entire bounty system is new in general.

If I read correctly, then this script is supposed to auto populate some of the fields to allow for automation of bounties... I'm confused as to what steps I take, exactly, to setup this script for the assortment of bounties at WL.

Pardon if I'm being dense, but I'd appreciate if someone could humor a noob.

a.) After creating a location and selecting it from the dropdown box, I'm really not sure what to do after that. Should I just go about this like in bigshot, defining everything in the rest of the fields myself in order for the script to function?

Ex: I have a heirloom bounty in Graendlor Pasture. I need to hunt through critters until I find some random trinket, then return it. I created the location named for the bounty for ease of understanding, but then not sure about the rest, or how the script functions via the menu. Am I supposed to enter in the skins I might pick up in the area, targets myself? I figure the room # and boundaries are something I should personally define, as per what I could gather from the guide, but after that I'm a bit unsure.

The resting/hunting is fairly comprehensible for me, and I have a pretty firm grasp on bigshot. I'm just a little confused on how this script operates, and the fact that I'm startlingly green after being gone so long doesn't help.
    Sbounty is essentially a wrapper for bigshot. Almost all of the variables are passed into bigshot so set them as you would in bigshot. Any variables not in sbounty are set within bigshot. Such as flee, etc. I would use bigshot for awhile then add in sbounty.

I'll quickly run you through. Create, an area, it doesn't matter what its called, it doesn't do anything except identification. Enter a "new name" then click create.

Find the area in the dropdown box. Location = Location of the bounty. Download uberbounty and use the location it gives. Otherwise its a semi obvious 1-2 words in your bounty command text. You can also use the "location" command to confirm.

Targets, same as bigshot. orc, rat, giant(a), cow(b)
    Skins: knuckle, tail, wig

Room #: Starting room
    boundaries: same as bigshot

in hunting rotation: hunt for EXP based on exp variables set on the other menu
    only attack bounty: only attack creatures in the list

All the stuff on the bttom fairly self explanatory. All the other stuff is similar to bigshot.

Good luck!

P.S.
    There should be an sbounty thread in here that has a walk through. FIND IT.
    Last edited by Haldrik; 02-10-2016 at 03:31 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    Sbounty is essentially a wrapper for bigshot. Almost all of the variables are passed into bigshot so set them as you would in bigshot. Any variables not in sbounty are set within bigshot. Such as flee, etc. I would use bigshot for awhile then add in sbounty.

I'll quickly run you through. Create, an area, it doesn't matter what its called, it doesn't do anything except identification. Enter a "new name" then click create.

Find the area in the dropdown box. Location = Location of the bounty. Download uberbounty and use the location it gives. Otherwise its a semi obvious 1-2 words in your bounty command text. You can also use the "location" command to confirm.

Targets, same as bigshot. orc, rat, giant(a), cow(b)
    Skins: knuckle, tail, wig

Room #: Starting room
    boundaries: same as bigshot

in hunting rotation: hunt for EXP based on exp variables set on the other menu
    only attack bounty: only attack creatures in the list

All the stuff on the bttom fairly self explanatory. All the other stuff is similar to bigshot.

Good luck!

P.S.
    There should be an sbounty thread in here that has a walk through. FIND IT.
    Thanks for the help. I did find another sbounty thread, but the last post was sometime in November and it was a link to this thread, saying something about this being the new version.