Page 2 of 220 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb things conservatives say:

One of my all time fav's. A bit dated, but still worth a chuckle:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_on_dope.html

Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    This is just a stupid argument. Not surprisingly as far as I can tell this "story" originated from Huffington Post.

The House "wastes" money every week by being in session whether they are discussing repealing Obamacare or sitting on their asses doing nothing or discussing something else. It's not as if the House specifically pulled money from another area of government just to vote on repealing Obamacare.

I thought this was dumb things conservatives say, not dumb things Liberals think conservatives do therefore it's automatically fact.

The next best alternative to not voting on the same issue 42 times is not sitting on your ass and doing nothing.
    Last edited by Bobmuhthol; 10-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

I guess that depends on whether or not whatever bill they ended up passing was passed by the Senate as well. That appears to be the definition of "waste" these days.

source: http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-de-fuh...134942788.html

"Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer," Barton wrote. "[W]here are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?"

Fuhrer, the German term for leader, is most often associated with Hitler.

"While the POTUS continues to punish the American people," Barton continued, "he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife's excessive staff and stable of Czars! I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!"

"The Chief Executive is acting as an Imperial President," she added, "without regard to his citizens, only caring about his agenda. With all the exemptions he has unilaterally bestowed on many interest groups, could he not delay the ACA Individual Mandate for a single year? Without regard for the elected House of Representatives. What do you call that?"
    Last edited by cwolff; 10-08-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Fuhrer is associated with Hitler? Gee Golly, thanks for the information!

Czar is associated with those evil people that ruled Russia too, like Ivan the Terrible!!!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    Okay here's another. And sorry in advance everyone. I realize picking on Michelle Bachmann is not fair or sporting in the least, as she's just so easy.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...ar-ii-memorial
    Picking on Michelle Bachmann is seriously low hanging fruit, or maybe fruit cake is the right description. It's embarrassing that she's a fellow Minnesotan and has continued to get elected in my state. Thank God she's not running again. On a positive note, Jesse "the mind" Ventura is making political waves again! He always guarantees some good solid entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    she
    There's your problem right there.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Fuhrer is associated with Hitler? Gee Golly, thanks for the information!

Czar is associated with those evil people that ruled Russia too, like Ivan the Terrible!!!
    EDIT: I'm editing this because I see the cause for confusion. I pasted the article and did not write any personal comments. I'll correct that now so there is no misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    There's your problem right there.
    I think she'd agree with you. Did you catch her testicle envy?
    Last edited by cwolff; 10-08-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Picking on Michelle Bachmann is seriously low hanging fruit, or maybe fruit cake is the right description. It's embarrassing that she's a fellow Minnesotan and has continued to get elected in my state. Thank God she's not running again. On a positive note, Jesse "the mind" Ventura is making political waves again! He always guarantees some good solid entertainment.
    I'd still hit it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible