Page 1 of 220 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb things conservatives say:

Default Dumb things conservatives say:

Here's an equalizer thread. We have stupidity on both sides.

Who wants to start? Neugebauer wants to start.

And this is where the narrative gets messed up:

They voted to FUND the Government, and DEFUND the ACA. (98% of Gov. paid for, 2% not)

The Democrats chose to DEFUND the Government, because they want to FUND the ACA. (100% of Gov. not paid for)

Did that guy say he's a 30 year federal veteran? Either he chose his words very carefully or very poorly.

He's either trying to say he's been working for the federal government for 30 years but wants to make it sound like he's a veteran, or he's saying he's a federal employee who is also a veteran yet that's not what it sounds like he's saying.

I don't know whether to slap the shit out of him or thank him for his service. Someone halp!

"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."
    This sums up the republican strategy pretty well. Bet this guy had a shitty work week after this gem came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Did that guy say he's a 30 year federal veteran? Either he chose his words very carefully or very poorly.

He's either trying to say he's been working for the federal government for 30 years but wants to make it sound like he's a veteran, or he's saying he's a federal employee who is also a veteran yet that's not what it sounds like he's saying.

I don't know whether to slap the shit out of him or thank him for his service. Someone halp!
    Don't know about that but I'm wondering why it had to be closed. It's just sidewalks. It's probably just partisan bs that caused the barricade.

This Neugebauer is a real treat though:

Neugebauer was last mentioned in The Two-Way back in March 2010, when he apologized for shouting "baby killer!" as Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., was speaking on the floor of the House.
    Last edited by cwolff; 10-05-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Don't know about that but I'm wondering why it had to be closed. It's just sidewalks. It's probably just partisan bs that caused the barricade.
    Not that I disagree with what you're saying but what do these park rangers do there then if they aren't needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Not that I disagree with what you're saying but what do these park rangers do there then if they aren't needed?
    That's what I don't understand. It's not like there is a booth where you have to pay to enter, or roads and campsites that need to be patrolled. They could just as easily have left it barricade free. I'm assuming it's just politics as usual.

Okay here's another. And sorry in advance everyone. I realize picking on Michelle Bachmann is not fair or sporting in the least, as she's just so easy.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...ar-ii-memorial

Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    Okay here's another. And sorry in advance everyone. I realize picking on Michelle Bachmann is not fair or sporting in the least, as she's just so easy.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...ar-ii-memorial
    I saw that before the Daily show called it out. Straight up shameless.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    That's what I don't understand. It's not like there is a booth where you have to pay to enter, or roads and campsites that need to be patrolled. They could just as easily have left it barricade free. I'm assuming it's just politics as usual.
    I highly doubt the Whitehouse calls up the park service and says, "we want barricades here, here, here and here, stat! I would guess that there's a protocol for this. It isn't any different than what happened last time things were shut down. It sucks all around. No doubt about that, but blaming park service employees is totally off base.