Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question about BigShot

1. Default A question about BigShot

I don't know who makes this script. Sorry. I'm not going to sift forums just to throw a meaningless accolade like I know the guy. What I will say is I use this, and it reinvigorated my desire to play Gemstone. Thank you so much for that.

Having said that, I have a question about Bigshot. Something that has been bugging me for about 30 levels now. In any given level, you have a series of hunting grounds you pursue due to the facet of bounties changing within the parameters of the ADVGuild level settings.

Is there any way to implement, into Bigshot, a way to 'save' coordinates and critter settings?

EG: ;Bigshot TrollKings
    Bigshot loads the Darkstone Castle boundary rooms and starting room ID, and heads there and bigshots.
    EG2: ;Bigshot Setup
    Bigshot loads the setup window, and you can select a side-tab with fresh settings windows names (IE: Kings, StoneGiants, LesserMinos, Etc) *not a top tab like Resting/Hunting/Etc, due to the fact that you may MStrike in 1 area, and you may run from clouds in another, but the things will almost always be different if all that was changed was the room ID's and the mob name.

Is there any work that can be done on this? Just a shoutout to the scripters of our universe. This seems like it would be a greatly loved and appreciated addition to the script we all adore, and secretly deny using constantly =P.

Thanks for reading.

use sbounty or somethin, its got that feature.. even though its a horrible script thats never worked right for me
    -The Original Shattered Snoopy

-Prime: Anedrin/Timbalt/Kayzo/Kazooe

3. Default

I don't wanna use horrible scripts =( I want to refine ones that are great, like Bigshot, and TPick.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Dogg View Post
    use sbounty or somethin, its got that feature.. even though its a horrible script thats never worked right for me
    Well, fuck you too then! ;sbounty has gotten me ~ 300k of BPs completely automated. To each his own, I suppose. It's possible you were using the old version which, to be fair, was slapped together pretty quickly. The new version is quite solid and uses proxies to setup the hunter so any hunting script can be used with it.

If you have ;sbounty and ;sbounty-bigshot then you have the new version. If you don't have both of those then it's probably the old version.
    Last edited by SpiffyJr; 10-04-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Quote Originally Posted by JackWhisper View Post
    I don't know who makes this script. Sorry. I'm not going to sift forums just to throw a meaningless accolade like I know the guy. What I will say is I use this, and it reinvigorated my desire to play Gemstone. Thank you so much for that.

Having said that, I have a question about Bigshot. Something that has been bugging me for about 30 levels now. In any given level, you have a series of hunting grounds you pursue due to the facet of bounties changing within the parameters of the ADVGuild level settings.

Is there any way to implement, into Bigshot, a way to 'save' coordinates and critter settings?

EG: ;Bigshot TrollKings
    Bigshot loads the Darkstone Castle boundary rooms and starting room ID, and heads there and bigshots.
    EG2: ;Bigshot Setup
    Bigshot loads the setup window, and you can select a side-tab with fresh settings windows names (IE: Kings, StoneGiants, LesserMinos, Etc) *not a top tab like Resting/Hunting/Etc, due to the fact that you may MStrike in 1 area, and you may run from clouds in another, but the things will almost always be different if all that was changed was the room ID's and the mob name.

Is there any work that can be done on this? Just a shoutout to the scripters of our universe. This seems like it would be a greatly loved and appreciated addition to the script we all adore, and secretly deny using constantly =P.

Thanks for reading.
    I currently maintain bigshot but I consider bigshot "feature complete." A helper script could be written to handle swapping bigshot areas (one might even exist) but it's not something I want to add directly to bigshot.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    Well, fuck you too then! ;sbounty has gotten me ~ 300k of BPs completely automated. To each his own, I suppose. It's possible you were using the old version which, to be fair, was slapped together pretty quickly. The new version is quite solid and uses proxies to setup the hunter so any hunting script can be used with it.

If you have ;sbounty and ;sbounty-bigshot then you have the new version. If you don't have both of those then it's probably the old version.
    yea.. this was around when i first started Snoopy in shattered, so its been awhile
    -The Original Shattered Snoopy

-Prime: Anedrin/Timbalt/Kayzo/Kazooe

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Dogg View Post
    yea.. this was around when i first started Snoopy in shattered, so its been awhile
    Yea, that was rewritten on my last hiatus around 6 months ago. I rewrote it because when I came back I couldn't get it to work! Oh, the irony.

8. Default

Who do I have to get to blow you to get you to add a sidelong tabbing system for multiple Bigshot variable saves? I know it's pretty easy. I know dick for coding into this, or I'd do it myself. And any and all helper scripts that interact in this way, with bigshot, have a chance to simply cause bigshot to fail, and that's not kosher.

IE: What will it take? A petition for help? I know quite a few that'd love this feature. Maybe contract Tisket out to make a 3d rendering of Jeril in a tube top? Work with me man! =)

I would say a nice walk through of sbounty/sbounty-bigshot would be equally as good!
    Chris

10. Default

The walkthrough for SBounty is moot. It doesn't interact well with Bigshot. I've tried it multiple times, changing the settings, and it simply hangs, stalls out, or just plain screws up. It's fine in it's own right, but when it pairs, it doesn't achieve a very fair cohesion. Probably because one is an overlap and one is a standalone.