Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retroactive Pay for Federal Employees?

Question Retroactive Pay for Federal Employees?

When we reopen the government, we're not going to allow the Democrats to give retroactive pay to federal employees for this holiday time they're getting. They can go camping or do house chores or anything else they want with this windfall of free time. It would not be fair for taxpayers to have to pay them for doing nothing.

Federal employees who were furloughed during past government shutdowns were paid retroactively for their days off, but there is a very real chance Congress will not approve retro pay this time around, experts say.

In the past, federal workers were seen as "blameless victims" of a political fight, says Ed Mills, financial policy analyst with FBR Capital Markets. But "the sentiment in D.C. has changed. Sympathy toward government employees is much less now. (They) have gone from a very well-protected class to an often attacked or often cut group in budget debates over the past couple of years."

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

I like your thinking. So we should do away with Welfare by your thinking (which I'm all for), since the current law, passed by Obama - took away the requirement for work/school/vocational aspirations and proof of trying to better oneself. All for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I like your thinking. So we should do away with Welfare by your thinking (which I'm all for), since the current law, passed by Obama - took away the requirement for work/school/vocational aspirations and proof of trying to better oneself. All for it.
    Citation?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Did it? Time for me to get on the Welfare.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Well, we do (wastefully) pay government employees at the DMV for doing nothing while being on the clock too.

It will be nice if they apply private-sector rules of being paid only for working to the public-sector employees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    Well, we do (wastefully) pay government employees at the DMV for doing nothing while being on the clock too.

It will be nice if they apply private-sector rules of being paid only for working to the public-sector employees.
    We have a person at the DMV here that sits there and tells you what window to go to. Oh, there is also a touch screen computer before her that tells you what window to go to also.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    We have a person at the DMV here that sits there and tells you what window to go to. Oh, there is also a touch screen computer before her that tells you what window to go to also.
    Yup, the DMV out here does something similar. It's pretty amazing really. You have to wait in a line just for someone to give you a number and tell you to have a seat until your number is called.

Since the DC federal employees got such fucking awesome weather for unpaid leave, I don't think they should receive back pay
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Yet WB will declare that privatizing DMV services would be a very bad anti-union move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yup, the DMV out here does something similar. It's pretty amazing really. You have to wait in a line just for someone to give you a number and tell you to have a seat until your number is called.
    Yep, same here. I sat near them while I was waiting for my new license (next renewal is in 50 years, suck on it DMV). Every once in a while someone would ask them something but they would only respond with 'the clerk at your window will handle all your questions'.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.