Thread: Combat Press

Default Combat Press

Anyone have numbers to attach to the +AS/-AS for Combat Press? Seems like it'd be useful for UAC.

UAC i don't know. Not sure if I still have any numbers handy i'd have to dig around. I want to say 20ish for a small weapon -> large weapon situation? I never did any testing to see if, say the DF or crit weighting, etc. changed. I don't think that it does but that'd be a nice change!

The biggest benefits isn't the AS/DS improvements for melee weapons, but those are quite nice. The biggest benefit is how it absolutely destroys the targets bolt AS, which if you're not using a shield is HUGE. I want to say when I first got it i was hunting nonominos or something and it took their bolt AS from something like 200-300 or whatever they have to about 80? It was a huge improvement. It also prevents certain movements. I.e. if you knock something down, and press it, it can't stand back up. So what I actually used it most for was on multiple creatures knock down one and press it, it couldn't stand, then kill the second.

It's pretty expensive unfortunately, so it's hard to use regularly.

My experience was with small weapon TWC (sais and katars), for reference.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Hmm. That's part of why I was considering it was just general "Make me better and them worse", so the massive bolt AS reduction is likely well worth it for me. Thanks.

Yeah I used it with my dwarf monk, it was quite effective and I can't remember the exact numbers but it gave a nice AS boost. I think 5-6 per rank at least, perhaps more. I think it does make you more vulnerable to maneuvers from other attackers though. It seemed worth it, but I liked keeping surge/burst active more. The targeting boost seemed noticeable, too.

just do a search for cpress, there was at least one thread where someone did testing w/ it on UAC. They reported +30
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

I use crowd press on my monk and it works well. I definitly see an AS boost. When I think of crowd press with a monk, I think of a boxer who backs his opponent against the ropes and pummels them.